Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing major but I asked to clean up a few windfallen and dead eucalypts at the corporate farm in one of their small woodlot areas. I kept the very good and hard firewood :) They have a number of these woodlots over the property to help keep the water table down. Without these salt tolerant and deep rooted trees the lower areas of this property would be nothing but a rancid puddle.
Got a load of wood and a few videos. My fiancee came to help and being off a farm she loves manual labour and getting her hands dirty - bit of a bonus really! It was 37°C when I did this on Sunday or just under 100°F. I got a bit of a sweat up :D
Once again I need to go to "Raker's Anonymous" with the RSC chain on my 7900. Despite what I've previously said I got excited on the grinder and dropped them too far.....again..... One day I'll learn...

061120111758.jpg

Plus a video of the 7900. This thing really does put a smile on my dial every time...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PPrvYk7id7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also used the little 241C but the upload to Spewtube dropped out part way through. Still an impressive little weapon...

I also took a video of me changing a chain with the saw on it's side. I also posted this on another thread as some of the guys there couldn't understand how somebody could do it. I'm that used to doing it like this that to leave a saw sitting upright is actually quite awkward for me. In fact I think this way is much faster...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YDzYV5ORMzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll include the 241C video when it finally gets completed. I saw a guy's upload speed report from the US the other day from Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and near died. He had a faster upload than I had download. I'd have these videos uploaded in minutes at that speed :(

Last edited:
don't see to many chips matt sharpen ya chain . oops i'm an ozzy what was i thinking

me 460 is like that go to low with the rakers and when the 1st dawg touches the log shes bogged

[snip]

I also took a video of me changing a chain with the saw on it's side. I also posted this on another thread as some of the guys there couldn't understand how somebody could do it. I'm that used to doing it like this that to leave a saw sitting upright is actually quite awkward for me. In fact I think this way is much faster...

Yeah I do it both ways depending on the bar length but a saw on its side makes it easy. I have seen some chainsaw 'racers' do it the same way. Here is an example, about 2:07 in.

[video=youtube;5rKvvn9DKe8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKvvn9DKe8[/video]

When I visit Germany I would like to shake her hand...

Yeah I do it both ways depending on the bar length but a saw on its side makes it easy. I have seen some chainsaw 'racers' do it the same way. Here is an example, about 2:07 in.

[video=youtube;5rKvvn9DKe8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKvvn9DKe8[/video]

When I visit Germany I would like to shake her hand...

i would like to shake xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx think i'll shutup before i get i trouble

Here be the video of the 241C...
Although the root ball was still in the ground I was being very careful not to cut the wrong branches off and potentially roll the tree onto me. That be bad...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cZxqcVQYjvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I cracked 6Mbps the other night. The upload speed isn't great but I am a fair way from the exchange...

Hey thanks for the vids.!

That 241 looks like a great little saw.

Thanks to your talking them up so much and your videos of them I am now sinking time and money into fixing a saw that was dropped out of a tree and then run over by a truck :dizzy: but was free to me..A 200T:msp_biggrin:

Keep it up down there!
:cheers:

Gald you resurfaced again Matt! Not that I forgot about you, been busy with my Hillbilly spec:msp_thumbsup: God I love that! I am burning some Euacalyptus in the stove right now. After the harder cutting, heavier loading, and over all more work, I remember with all the heat, no ash, and coals for day's it's worht it:clap: Tan oak used to spoil us, you could split it with an axe. Me liking the Euac!

Hey thanks for the vids.!

That 241 looks like a great little saw.

Thanks to your talking them up so much and your videos of them I am now sinking time and money into fixing a saw that was dropped out of a tree and then run over by a truck :dizzy: but was free to me..A 200T:msp_biggrin:

Keep it up down there!
:cheers:

Good old 200T's :D It didn't happen until you have pics and videos! They are a great little saw and this 241 isn't far behind it for it's intended purpose. It performs a lot better than it's 42.7cc would suggest and I'd take one anyday over an MS261...

Gald you resurfaced again Matt! Not that I forgot about you, been busy with my Hillbilly spec:msp_thumbsup: God I love that! I am burning some Euacalyptus in the stove right now. After the harder cutting, heavier loading, and over all more work, I remember with all the heat, no ash, and coals for day's it's worht it:clap: Tan oak used to spoil us, you could split it with an axe. Me liking the Euac!

Are you Full Hillbilly Spec Norm or just partly? :D Yeah many of the Eucalyptus species are in a different league as far as firewood goes mate.

Here is mine. Not as good as I thought, but ok I guess. I guess I could pay for the better connection, but I don't really need it.

You've spanked me on the upload Will :(

Back