Tool Belts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What do you guys wear to carry your wedges, scrench, screwdriver/allan keys, extra chains? Or do you cut from your truck? Just curious, as it would sure be handy to have a tool belt at times.

I don't like anything like a tool belt in the way. I suppose I could wear one and take it off at the actual cutting site, which isn't a bad idea. I just don't like anything hanging off me when running the saw. I suppose someone up in a tree might have a different idea...that's not me, I only am cutting down standing dead trees and then sectioning them with my feet on terra firma.

Four Paws said:
What do you guys wear to carry your wedges, scrench, screwdriver/allan keys, extra chains? Or do you cut from your truck? Just curious, as it would sure be handy to have a tool belt at times.
If I am falling I take my belt that has a wedge pouch on it, this also holds a scrench, files and a tape. You can get a wedge pouch from a chainsaw dealer (here you can anyways), they go on any belt, I use an old safety belt.

I use a BUCKET BOSS TOOL BELT when i am doing my felling and also when bucking larger trunks and like to kee the wedges and tools handy . I take off the belt when the tree is down and hang it close . The suspenders make it light weight when in use . The nice thing about a tool belt is you can take it off with little effort and still hang it in a handy spot . http://cgi.ebay.com/BUCKET-BOSS-TOO...2QQihZ004QQcategoryZ42362QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just stuff the wrench, carb screwdriver, spare bar nuts and a small wedge in the leg pocket of my chaps. The rest of the junk - chains, big wedges, small axe, water bottle, files, lunch, whatever, in one of those neat Lowes plastic shopping baskets (hand carry, NOT the cart!!!) - the one I'll take back one day..;)

Four Paws said:

I just through a wedge or two in my hip pocket and a scrench and file in my pliers pocket, tape in pocket on the chaps. I carry fuel and oil with me along with a single bit. I don't think I would like anything around my waist, but I have gave those wedge holsters a look.

fishhuntcutwood said:
Wedges, scrench, files, stump vise, Spencer tape, fire extinguisher, plumb bob, and sometimes an EPIRB.

I carry it all in this-
I see the suspenders in the picture , on the tool belt or on the pants seems to be a must with all the extra **** one takes along .

Well, I decided to go with something like this.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...=TOOL&subcat=Tool+Carriers&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Might get a belt in the future, but I will try the bucket for now. Heck, it will be more organized and easier to carry that the milk crate I have been using. Just a weekend warrior firewood cutter here - don't need anything fancy. I need to find a lid for it though, so I can sit and eat my lunch!!

Thanks for your input guys!

Latest posts

Back