Tool Pouch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Chaps,

I’m looking for a pouch that will hold some wedges, scrench, flat and round file and a tuning screw driver. Have you got any recommendations both of what to lean towards and what to stay away from?

Thank you.

Locally, sneddens fencing make one out of leather.
all the chinga made ebay ones are cheap bleep.

https://ruralfencing.com/collections/fencing-tools/wedge-pouch

Or just make one yourself out of your skippy Leather mate.
ive made up plenty of tool rolls out of canvas and or oil skin for camping kitchen gear, tools, brace and bits, chisels etc.

just google tool roll for inspiration.

Very very cool but stupidly expensive
Wait for Stihl to bring out a similar system and see if the Husqvarna one is still as stupidly expensive! :laugh:
Plus, if you clicked on the link I provided- it is for Husqvarna NZ and the prices are in NZ$'s and what us poor saps have to pay, be a lot cheaper in the States.

Very very cool but stupidly expensive
Wait for Stihl to bring out a similar system and see if the Husqvarna one is still as stupidly expensive! :laugh:
Plus, if you clicked on the link I provided- it is for Husqvarna NZ and the prices are in NZ$'s and what us poor saps have to pay, be a lot cheaper in the States.
I looked at the price on the US Husqvarna web site and the prices are stupid here too. It is a neat looking system but..... I’d be interested in a good wedge pouch and a loop for carrying an ax but the rest just seems like more weight then I need to add to myself. As for tools I am almost never far from my truck, any saw work is usually done on my tailgate so.... Same with drinks and a first aid kit. I know that is not everyone’s situation.

I was always putting wedges and tools in my pockets "which doesn't work" and having to go back and forth to grab an axe is no fun. After having the Weaver belt for a few months now, I'll never be without! I looked at the husqvarna belt, all plastic and seemed very cheaply made, if the price was $100 or less it would be fine, but no way are those things worth the asking price IMHO.

I looked at the price on the US Husqvarna web site and the prices are stupid here too. It is a neat looking system but..... I’d be interested in a good wedge pouch and a loop for carrying an ax but the rest just seems like more weight then I need to add to myself. As for tools I am almost never far from my truck, any saw work is usually done on my tailgate so.... Same with drinks and a first aid kit. I know that is not everyone’s situation.

Don't get me wrong- it is not like I wear one of the bloody silly looking things or even endorse them- but they are a cool system.

Back