tree butchers LLC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, I told this one dingbat, who wanted to get me in the middle of her war with the nieghbors, off real good. I told her how I thought she was very disrepectful to me to think I should drive out a listen to her BS. I said I wouldn't skin one side of those pines while her neighbors fired shots at me and besides, when she saw the price for it she wouldn't do it anyway. Not that I gave her a price even.
We were walking back to look at the trees together and she is explaining how she wants to skin these trees all the way to the top on one side and about the war with the neighbors and she was such a freaking pysco I stopped walking beside her and went back to my truck. I said " Lady, you are $%^&%#@ NUTS!" I felt good about myself for doing it.

Thats a funny story. I have had the neighbor war thing happen to me too. It is comical to listen to how they talk about the neighbors when they are explaining what they want done to their side of the tree.

I have nothing against arborist but for the fact that most think they are the only ones that can do it right, I can show you some seriously bad work done by one of the local so called arborist that has been on TV telling people to only hire certified arborist for their tree work, have I ever lost a job because I'm not certified, sure 1 time but then I went back and told the lady when she wanted them stubs removed call me. I could post pictures but I won't, I don't feel like being sued.

My point is, just because you have a card and number doesn't make you the best there is, it's like a drivers license, some people have it and can't drive a damn lick........

What if they asked you to top their trees?

You change the text in my post while quoting me ,and I call you on it ,you don't answer it but NEG rep me ,,,,WOW,And to add to that you are barely eligible to start giving rep to anybody with 83 post .Your off to a good start.

I have been on threads where we are talking about life and death situations and having strong disagreements and never been neg repd.
Well ,I guess those post were with other adults.

Oh yeah,one more thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND

I'm so confused here.

So a good tree guy/businessman/arborist, gets a job and does what's best for the tree, regardless what the customer wanted? :dizzy:

When I first went out on my own, I would ask the people if they liked their trees and if so will you trust me and let me do what's best for your tree?

I made every tree a good candidate for a postal stamp with pride. :agree2:
But then when it was time to collect I would have to reclimb the tree and goofy trim it just to get paid.

Do I try and talk them out of goofy trimming their tree?
Yes I do :agree2: but...
It only takes a few time of pulling the gear, helpers, rakes, etc. Back out of the trucks at the end of a day, till you listen to what they want and work around that.
2444412628.jpg

Last edited:
waste of my time and energy and Ihave just about had it with the level of incompetence on this site.

Thats fine, you are too good for this site. I am just a utility guy, so, a hack.

I make proper cuts, but when I have to sidelimb a tree beside the line or top a tree under it, I guess I should just say no, call up my foreman, have a meeting with the utility rep, and start them planning to bury or move the line. I can tell them about proper treework, and although the utility rep is ISA certified, there is a slight chance he will tell me to go ahead anyways. Is that the deal?

So long Murph, stay safe out there.:cheers:

Thats fine, you are too good for this site. I am just a utility guy, so, a hack.

I make proper cuts, but when I have to sidelimb a tree beside the line or top a tree under it, I guess I should just say no, call up my foreman, have a meeting with the utility rep, and start them planning to bury or move the line. I can tell them about proper treework, and although the utility rep is ISA certified, there is a slight chance he will tell me to go ahead anyways. Is that the deal?

So long Murph, stay safe out there.:cheers:
Most the time he's just cleaning house
for his hard working wife, he'll be fine.
2637728339.jpg

You change the text in my post while quoting me ,and I call you on it ,you don't answer it but NEG rep me ,,,,WOW,And to add to that you are barely eligible to start giving rep to anybody with 83 post .Your off to a good start.

I have been on threads where we are talking about life and death situations and having strong disagreements and never been neg repd.
Well ,I guess those post were with other adults.

Oh yeah,one more thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND

Do what you gotta do. I dont care what you or any of your little hack buddies think of me either. Besides you started getting stupid with me and smarting off in your posts. Ofcoarse im not going to add to your reputation in a positive way. And as far as my posts go, Ive been a member to this site way longer than you have so I dont think you have any place to tell me whats up when it comes to seniority if thats what your getting at. So, with that said lets act like ADULTS as you say and stop bickering about stupid crap.

Last edited:
I dont care what you or any of your little hack buddies think of me either.
"""""I'm a hack, he's a hack, wouldn't you like to be a hack tooooooo.......""""""

I get paid good money to be a hack and take offense to your statement and I demand an apology......

Can't we just all be hack buddies..........pleeeaaasssseeee can't we.......

Last edited:
Do what you gotta do. I dont care what you or any of your little hack buddies think of me either. Besides you started getting stupid with me and smarting off in your posts. Ofcoarse im not going to add to your reputation in a positive way. And as far as my posts go, Ive been a member to this site way longer than you have so I dont think you have any place to tell me whats up when it comes to seniority if thats what your getting at. So, with that said lets act like ADULTS as you say and stop bickering about stupid crap.

I didn't get stupid or start smarting off to anybody.

I simply called foul on your quoting me yelling in the post by changing the font in my post ,and you showing it as my quote at somebody.

It is there for anybody to see.

I am done with this thread.

I wonder what Dr. Shigo would think?

I never had a chance to meet Dr. Shigo but I have met folks who have and read some of his work and a lot about the man. He probably forgot more about trees in his life than most of us will know. From all I have heard, read and learned about the man he was a humble unassuming man who loved trees and was a great teacher. He worked to educate all of us uneducated treemen without being holier than thou or belittling. I think his goal was to teach tree biology and health for the betterment of the industry and was very humble in doing so. I think like most great teachers he learned how to talk and communicate his thoughts and ideas without alienating his audience. His goal was to educate the everyday guy in the field and had a very smooth way of doing that IMHO. I would have loved to have met him. He obviously loved trees and the science of arborculture and achieved his goal of better tree care in a very humble way from what I have gathered. I wonder what he would think of us now.

I hate to see anyone go. Especially the ones who have so much to offer and teach. Sometimes the atmosphere here is so hostile that I am afraid to ask questions so I usually turn to other sources. I know how to take down a tree. I'd like to be able to learn how to properly care for one without being afraid of asking a question without being ridiculed.

Just my .02

Correct me if I am wrong here I am not an expert on true arborist practices. But I was always under the belief that this is a bad time to be pruning now. Unhealthy to prune budding tree or fall when leaves are dropping. I know this is true on certain trees but I always just use it as a guideline.

You are correct. Not supposed to prune when leaves are forming or falling. Don't quote me but I believe Alex Shigo coined that phrase.

I never had a chance to meet Dr. Shigo but I have met folks who have and read some of his work and a lot about the man. He probably forgot more about trees in his life than most of us will know. From all I have heard, read and learned about the man he was a humble unassuming man who loved trees and was a great teacher. He worked to educate all of us uneducated treemen without being holier than thou or belittling. I think his goal was to teach tree biology and health for the betterment of the industry and was very humble in doing so. I think like most great teachers he learned how to talk and communicate his thoughts and ideas without alienating his audience. His goal was to educate the everyday guy in the field and had a very smooth way of doing that IMHO. I would have loved to have met him. He obviously loved trees and the science of arborculture and achieved his goal of better tree care in a very humble way from what I have gathered. I wonder what he would think of us now.

I hate to see anyone go. Especially the ones who have so much to offer and teach. Sometimes the atmosphere here is so hostile that I am afraid to ask questions so I usually turn to other sources. I know how to take down a tree. I'd like to be able to learn how to properly care for one without being afraid of asking a question without being ridiculed.

Just my .02

He was a good guy, from what I hear. He wrote a little booklet about trimming around powerlines, very informative, lots of drawings. I was taught to trim his way, many, here included, call utility guys hacks. You simply cannot have an omellette without breaking eggs, thats the way it is.

He did what he could to help, never held his nose in the air and looked down on utility guys like many ISA types.

I have had my beefs, been called names and called people names here. Gots to have thick skin, but it has finally dawned on me, with help, that it doesn't have to be that way. I know what I can do, and have done at work, and most of its pretty good. I know how to work around power and in the bush, for those who provide quality residential tree work, be proud of what you do. And we can all be more understanding and less judgemental of others, it makes the world a better place.

You will definatly win more of an audience that way. You cant argue your way into convincing someone of a certain truth. Oh, well I guess i'll learn someday. Arboriculture is a very strong passion for me and its hard not to get offended when people that care nothing about it come along and start badmouthing it. I guess everyones not going to feel the same way as I do about it. Sorry to scare you out of asking questions man by gettin all crazy about topping trees. It will probably continue no matter how hard we preach against it so we are just going to have to continue on doing our thing and eventually our good work practice will prevail on our behalf. Peace Out!!

You are correct. Not supposed to prune when leaves are forming or falling. Don't quote me but I believe Alex Shigo coined that phrase.

thanks for the follow up I thought maybe I was mislead all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back