Tree service Ms192/193

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoutmaster71

Reaction score
Had a friend who owns tree service come drop a big, dangerous, dead 50' pine that was teetering behind my cabin about 30' away. No problem for him, but he and I hadn't talked for a year or two and I have a 391 and a small husky 136. After watching him work with his 192. I decided I really need one. He told me he had gone to Cali for some forestry work for big money. Got all the way out there and like most things that sound to good to be true it was a bust. He did however buy alot of equipment from guys that were just looking for money to get back home. He told me he had a 192 and a 193 both ran but needed some tlc. Covers missing or cracked, small things but he would sell both to me for $200. I said sure. And picked them up from him and while I was there he brought out a bucket with chains piled in. So I ended up leaving with 2 saws and 6 chains for each saw, even my 391. All stihl yellow. I have since put about $100 into them sharpened chains and cleaned up new bar for one and a sprocket for the other. I could not be more happy. Muff mod done on both and have cut a day with each saw. Just a great deal. Those little saws are just awesome.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

That is a great find. Kudos to you and your friend. I did a volunteer day at my local golf course this summer. One of the tools they turned me loose with was a 193. I got a lot of work done with it. Never ran one of the 200 series but really liked that 193.

Back