Troubleshooting no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. You can attach a short lead to the second terminal. I would either crimp or solder a ring connector onto this wire. (round connector with a hole in center for screw) Then find a convenient small bolt or screw and install this connector under such.

Just use a large ring connector and mount it under the switch itself, no need to get fancy with it and drill more holes.

finished photos

sawinredneck said:
Just use a large ring connector and mount it under the switch itself, no need to get fancy with it and drill more holes.

Yup, excellent suggestion, thanks...so that's exactly what I did. The switch works like a champ now...all it needed was a ground wire.

Here's some photos of it fitted with it's new chain:

Rem754_1.JPG

Rem754_2.JPG

Rem754_3.JPG

Rem754_4.JPG

Rem754_5.JPG

good job

That old saw looks good. Looks like you put alot of time in it and now she's ready to go, good job Sap.

04ultra said:
Sap could you take a close up picture of the chain???

Don't say I never did anything for you 04Ultra. .404 .063 Oregon chain.

Rem754_6.JPG

Yes, Thall...don't let the wife find out how much time I spent working on this thing. Of course, it could be worse....I could be spending that time in a bar :)

Last edited:
Oh, by the way....in this photo see the little black box in the lower left corner of the saw by the handle under the cylinder cooling fins? That's the 'muffler'....and it's just a wide open hollow box with a 90 degree turn straight to the cylinder.

Rem754_4.JPG

I tuned up up 2 084's last night at 9.00pm for a guy heading to CA to cut redwood... The phone started ringing (real hard to hear!). Didn't answer it..:)

coveredinsap said:
Don't say I never did anything for you 04Ultra. .404 .063 Oregon chain.

Rem754_6.JPG

Yes, Thall...don't let the wife find out how much time I spent working on this thing. Of course, it could be worse....I could be spending that time in a bar :)

Better to spend time ON a bar than IN a bar, eh?

:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back