Two stroke engine oil test

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Stihlboys have a lot of nerve even mentioning the word "infomercial", as you're all pretty much just simple walking infomercials for Stihl. And I stress the word 'simple' there.

The test uses a Penzoil 2-cycle oil for air cooled, Penzoil 2-cycle oil for water cooled, a Dino 2-cycle oil and a synthetic 2-cycle oil.

The testing platform looks legit as does the methodology used.

If you've got a beef with the results, then put your money where your mouth is and cough up your reasoning. Otherwise put a sock in it. LOL!

coveredinsap said:
You Stihlboys have a lot of nerve even mentioning the word "infomercial", as you're all pretty much just simple walking infomercials for Stihl. And I stress the word 'simple' there.

The test uses a Penzoil 2-cycle oil for air cooled, Penzoil 2-cycle oil for water cooled, a Dino 2-cycle oil and a synthetic 2-cycle oil.

If you've got a beef with the results, then put your money where your mouth is and cough up your reasoning. Otherwise put a sock in it. LOL!

Sappy you done messed up again...Ben likes Huskys..

coveredinsap said:

280 hours is hardly a test of what a product can do, it seems more that there testing what it won't do ,,,,,,,

"After 280 grueling hours, the engines were disassembled, rated for deposit accumulation, piston ring sticking and measured for wear."

The test is moot as Rotex recomends the use of Super 2 stroke oil
API-TC in all of there "Non-certified" 2 cycles engines.

http://www.rotax-aircraft-engines.com/aircraft/aircraft.nsf/index?Openpage

It this all you have sappy?

The testing platform looks legit as does the methodology used
It does?
Why wasnt the brand names of the other oils mentioned?
FWIW all of the results looked pretty terrible from a deposit standpoint and I know what a Rotax engine should look like as I own one right now and have owned multiple ones in the past.
Rotax motors prefer a high quality JASO FC, ISO EGD oil much better.

I dislike most Stihl saws.

Simple, Stress?

stress the word 'simple' Websters dictionary defines Simple= 1 not combined, 2 not other than, 3 not complex or fancy, 4 naive
My friend you are a victum of definitions 2,3,4.Your vocabulary skills are well in need or remedial improvement. Before you make your self look any more foolish, I suggest that you read your own statement and try to do a Simple analysis of your own statement.
truculent=aggressively self assertive

ShoerFast said:
280 hours is hardly a test of what a product can do, it seems more that there testing what it won't do ,,,,,,,

"After 280 grueling hours, the engines were disassembled, rated for deposit accumulation, piston ring sticking and measured for wear."

The test is moot as Rotex recomends the use of Super 2 stroke oil
API-TC in all of there "Non-certified" 2 cycles engines.

http://www.rotax-aircraft-engines.com/aircraft/aircraft.nsf/index?Openpage

It this all you have sappy?

Your post is moot as the Penzoil oils are API-TC oils. To wit:

Pennzoil' Premium Outboard and Multi-purpose Two-Cycle Oil is a National Marine Manufacturers Association (NNOAA) TC-W3* certified two-cycle oil (see sidebar - "How Two-Cycle Oils Work") that also meets API TC. This product incorporates ashless dispersant chemistry. This product is also used in both air and water-cooled two-cycle sport aviation engines and is now gaining popularity in Rotax 618 engine models, which are equipped with Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust (RAVE) valves.

Anyone care to post a better example of 2-cycle oil testing, including results?

bwalker said:
FWIW all of the results looked pretty terrible from a deposit standpoint

The test was so weak! in 280 hours, there test only included 18 hours and 40 minnutes at full power! ,,,,,,,, Less time then it spent idleing!

Idle
5 minutes
Take Off - Full Power
4 minutes
Cruise - 5800 rpm
47 minutes
Descent and landing - 4000 rpm
4 minutes

The test gose to tell that the "red" oil did very well,,,,,,, but look at the cross-hatch pattern on the "red" cylindar,,,,,, it's gone! With a close to gone pattern from the "blue" test.

coveredinsap said:

My reasoning would be very "simple", why bother, who cares. Are you going to use it in your saws Sap and then tear them apart after so many hours to see if their claim is true, hmmmmmmm, didn't think so. My money will go toward what has worked for me for years and years, time tested and proven, plain ole .52 cents a bottle Stihl oil. Spend your money anyway ya like Sap. Let me know how your saws looks after you tear it down checking to see if the Penzoil claim is true, till then your in the dark like everyone else, no joke, just fact. Sap you read too much, should get off ya azz and find something to do instead of worrieing about motor oil:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You couldn't shove any Penzoil oil up my butt, let alone make me run it in my equipment!!!!
Andy

Pennzoil' Premium Outboard and Multi-purpose Two-Cycle Oil is a National Marine Manufacturers Association (NNOAA) TC-W3* certified two-cycle oil (see sidebar - "How Two-Cycle Oils Work") that also meets API TC. This product incorporates ashless dispersant chemistry. This product is also used in both air and water-cooled two-cycle sport aviation engines and is now gaining popularity in Rotax 618 engine models, which are equipped with Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust (RAVE) valve
Rotax Require a API TC,Low ash type oil. All TCW3 oils are ashless, so there isnt a TCW3 oil that is suitable for use in a Rotax.

bwalker said:
Rotax Require a API TC,Low ash type oil. All TCW3 oils are ashless, so there isnt a TCW3 oil that is suitable for use in a Rotax.

If you scroll down to table 1 (did you even read the article?) you'd see that the 'blue' Penzoil 2-cycle oil is a "low ash" oil.

The only "ashless" oil in the test was the 'red' Penzoil Marine 2-cycle oil.

Husky or Stihl 2 stroke mix, thats all you need, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Works well for me personally, works for other pros, and weekend warriors, end of story, stop talking to Sap, pointless.

clearance said:
Husky or Stihl 2 stroke mix, thats all you need, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Works well for me personally, works for other pros, and weekend warriors, end of story, stop talking to Sap, pointless.

For once, I agree.

coveredinsap said:
Your post is moot as the Penzoil oils are API-TC oils.

Anyone care to post a better example of 2-cycle oil testing, including results?

Comeback #3 from me on this moot post,,,,,,,,,

What the hell are they trying to prove?

The test sounds like a few collage-boys establishing a platform to base an infomercial.

280 hours is not a longevity test

Sap, you insult members here that put more then 20 full-power hours on there saws in a week! So there full-power test is moot. (compaired the the knollage and experance here)

To test the same oil that the manufacture recommends is moot, especially in an aviation engine, your just don't have a clue sappy, do you?

If you wan't to know more, just run a search here, I doubt that there are more time-honored people that know more about chainsaw 2 cycle oil then right here,,,,, so **** and listen a little sometime!

Kevin

Latest posts

Back