U-tube experts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revised for accuracy ;)

Is that the latest is it lol. I read over there and I'm glad that mess ain't here it went too far but at the same time it really did need to be in the open.

1 thing that upsets me a little is he's Billy's mate and I like Billy I don't want him to be associated with it. I've learned a huge amount from him

I try to tell my son you can’t learn everything online, you need to look at whats true and skip what’s false then follow your own path.

I know who you are talking about. I remember watching that tree/bottle jack video a couple of years ago. I'm thinking...'Why, why?'

He does have some decent info in some if his videos, but I'd have to say that quite a few of his videos are click-bait garbage info.
I think once upon a time he put out viable home owner level info. But, then the sponsors started, and it seemed he had to have something new on every day. Some of his stuff just seems dangerous to be giving it to a rookie who you don't know, don't know his skill level, or his equipment level and condition. That's why I seldom give advice on the home owners helper forum. My best advice is usually, "get a pro".

Billy is not the guy I was referring to. I don't have to agree with everything Billy says. He's done the work, I can respect him for that. The other guy rymes with Dangle. i think if he ever wound up IN a tree, he would just hang there and dangle. He has never shown me a speck of knowledge about tree work. He may be good at testing free equipment.

Billy is not the guy I was referring to. I don't have to agree with everything Billy says. He's done the work, I can respect him for that. The other guy rymes with Dangle. i think if he ever wound up IN a tree, he would just hang there and dangle. He has never shown me a speck of knowledge about tree work. He may be good at testing free equipment.

If it's who I'm thinking of then he's the only one that Billy has called out because of his bad chain sharpening advise.

It didn't click with me about the bottle jack vid till Rarefish said it rhymes with Dangle. I know who he is talking about now . I dismissed him as a fake a long time ago. I don't know if Billy called him out or not about sharpening . If he did I am glad .

Agree. I’m sure the extent of Billy’s involvement with him is mentioning his name in exchange for free port work.

Hopefully that's all it is. I'm sure certain saws he probably gets going well. Billy's 372s and 266s seem to go real well.

For all of the times that those knuckleheads have cried wolf, they finally sunk their teeth into a live one this time lol.
:popcorn2:

Yeah I certainly wouldn't want to be on wrong end of that lot

Sad thing is that U tube's main goal is to entertain and keep viewers interested. There are some fantastic informative videos but there is also a lot of garbage. It's a shame that some of those perpetuate myths like 3-4 strokes with a file no matter what. Ignore the way the tooth looks, just count file strokes....

He also is friends with the Walkers so he knows a well ported saw.

That's the thing Billy definitely knows how a saw should run and those 266s seem to really howl.

I'm sure the man who owned it never wanted it to wind up the way it did and im sure had it not happened the way it did the other man in question would have sorted it out too.

Kinda feel sorry for all involved really.

Still feel he should have given back that cylinder buggerd or not especially ported by a well know porter. If it was toasted it could have been replated.

It got way nastier than it needed to be and was very childish. A mob for sure

That's the thing Billy definitely knows how a saw should run and those 266s seem to really howl.

I'm sure the man who owned it never wanted it to wind up the way it did and im sure had it not happened the way it did the other man in question would have sorted it out too.

Kinda feel sorry for all involved really.

Still feel he should have given back that cylinder buggerd or not especially ported by a well know porter. If it was toasted it could have been replated.

It got way nastier than it needed to be and was very childish. A mob for sure

As for those 266s, I just built one using tricks that I got from a mutual friend of ironhorse and I. He told me what Harvey does and I tried it.

To say I'm a bit happy with how strong my 266 is now is an understatement.

And just for clarity,I don't know Harvey at all, never spoken to him.

And before I get flamed, I've run walkerized saws so I also know what a good ported saw runs like..

As for those 266s, I just built one using tricks that I got from a mutual friend of ironhorse and I. He told me what Harvey does and I tried it.

To say I'm a bit happy with how strong my 266 is now is an understatement.

And before I get flamed, I've run walkerized saws so I also know what a good ported saw runs like..

That makes me happy to hear that.

Every time I watch them it makes me hanker for a 266.

Back