U-tube experts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread should be split into one named "conmen and snake oil salesmen". ;)

iu

This thread should be split into one named "conmen and snake oil salesmen". ;)
It would be a busy thread for sure.

Fame and popularity wreck many men. The ego is a tough beast to tame once it becomes large. How many folks have we seen start out (here or elsewhere) as genuine dudes and turn into narcissistic a-holes once they get a following. Or like the dudes who start out doing genuine product reviews and turn into shills because sponsors are giving them a product if they provide a good review whether it is truthful or not.

Secondly it seems that many saw builders start out with good intent then once they get too busy they overextend themselves. Now they are under pressure to complete saws in a timely manner because of what they promised to get the deal so they rush the builds and put out a shoddy product. Or they spend the $ before they do the work and then they stop communicating. Or an outside issue arises and they cannot perform the work.

Heres the thing about Youtube, its a cross section of the population no more no less..

Anyone can have a YouTube channel and anyone can scrutinize what they see on YouTube. The main difference between YouTube and tradition media is on Tv they have an entire editing department whose soul goal is to make the person in the show look like they know everything..

Oh and on Tv theres no feedback.

Maybe I'm oldschool but if I see something I disagree with on youtube I just move on with my day..

Lifes too short.

Is it just me or do others notice it too when someone cuts with their modded saw some saws seem slow? Yet other saws seem wicked fast.

It also has a lot to do with what the saw is cutting and in what part of the country, red oak in one part may be harder or softer in another. Too many variables unless you have been to that specific region and cut that particular wood.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

That is so true.

This time of the year where I live its super super cold. It makes the wood very hard and even loose grained wood like poplar feels like concrete.

Yes he got a refund.

I'm not going to comment on whether the rebuild was "less then stellar" or not.
I see you significantly edited this after I had responded to you initially.

I’ve got no love for the mob on the other site but from all I’ve gathered from sources I consider to be genuine, less than stellar would be a complement.

I see you significantly edited this after I had responded to you initially.

I’ve got no love for the mob on the other site but from all I’ve gathered from sources I consider to be genuine, less than stellar would be a complement.
The biggest problem other than the coil that was supposed to be fixed, but wasn't, was the low compression. The actual porting while different didn't render the saw inoperable. JMMS was 10 times worse than ol trogan horse.

Latest posts

Back