Ultra sonic cleaner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the mod on the HF usc's.
if anybody wants the instructions.

I have a very nice ultrasonic cleaner with adjustable temp and timing, but have had little luck so far with 'reviving' carbs. Just last week, I had a 288 carb that obviously had an obstructed jet inside the body, but the US did not resolve it.
Parts are clean as a whistle from the outside though.
So far, the US did not bring the expected return on investment for me. But it is a small investment anyway.

I keep eyeballing the larger 3 and 5 liter units, where I can throw a while case half in. My wife hates them soaking in the kitchen sink, so I figure that's the next best option without a sink in the garage.

For larger items I use a parts washer. For the little things I use the ultrasonic bath. US is good for cleaning out small crevices and passage ways. Anything cast is big enough that a parts washer from HF will be fine.

I have a very nice ultrasonic cleaner with adjustable temp and timing, but have had little luck so far with 'reviving' carbs. Just last week, I had a 288 carb that obviously had an obstructed jet inside the body, but the US did not resolve it.
Parts are clean as a whistle from the outside though.
So far, the US did not bring the expected return on investment for me. But it is a small investment anyway.

That's exactly what has worried me. I finally HAD to have a carb body tanked and shortly I'll find out if it works. Something was inside it that I could NOT get out.

If you want, after you've given up, send it over my way and I'll see what I can do. Maybe some units clean better than others. Worth a shot if you're just going to toss it?

If you want, after you've given up, send it over my way and I'll see what I can do. Maybe some units clean better than others. Worth a shot if you're just going to toss it?

I took it to my Husky dealer yesterday and it got soaked for 30 minutes in some sort of soapy? solution. If it still don't work I'm getting a new one on ebay for $40

A lot of the solutions have a detergent in them to break down varnish. Looks like soap. I've had good luck with "green" paint strip (at Home Depot) purple power (diluted, from Walmart) and even dawn dish soap and water.

A lot of the solutions have a detergent in them to break down varnish. Looks like soap. I've had good luck with "green" paint strip (at Home Depot) purple power (diluted, from Walmart) and even dawn dish soap and water.

Well, I got my BAD BOY 353/346 running with the fouled up carb. It ain't fouled up no more!!

i ordered one of the ones off ebay from the first post in this thread ....we will see how it works on Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back