Unbelievable...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
... It's March 13, 8:00 PM and I just spent the last three hours sitting by the fire pit, bare-back, drinkin' beer and finished-up by cooking big thick-cut pork chops. I absolutely, positively know I've never in my life sat outside on a mid-March evening with no shirt... I know I never have. Friggin' 63[sup]o[/sup] outside at 8:00 PM... un-friggin'-believable!

It may actually be next October before I get to give the new furnace build a true test!

Don't worry we'll get a short blast of winter before we're done. I doubt anything big but simply a "short blast".
Worst part of this spring so far is the fact that the turkeys have started separating out and the toms are already struttin. By the time the actual season gets here the action may be slowing down... DAMN!!!
I guess drinkin beer by the fire is the best idea for now.

Yeah, pretty unbelievable for sure, i wonder how we are going to be punished for this nice early weather. my money is on a HOT and dry summer! not looking forward to that.

Yeah, pretty unbelievable for sure, i wonder how we are going to be punished for this nice early weather. my money is on a HOT and dry summer! not looking forward to that.

true that! hope to get the biggest portion of my wood cut anyways before the (dnr) put a stop to all outside forest work ... its a reminder of 1980 all over again!

I like

I like and dis like not selling as much wood but all set up for the rest of the year. With my wood supply. I got every body loaded up and I am trucking now. Ground is wet can't scrap. Just got back from New Albany. Headed for Greenville Ms. Got a one man saw mill to haul down there. I got this job because help the fellow put it together and get payed for it. Hope I can get a load back. That proble not going to happen. Later

... It's March 13, 8:00 PM and I just spent the last three hours sitting by the fire pit, bare-back, drinkin' beer and finished-up by cooking big thick-cut pork chops. I absolutely, positively know I've never in my life sat outside on a mid-March evening with no shirt... I know I never have. Friggin' 63[sup]o[/sup] outside at 8:00 PM... un-friggin'-believable!

It may actually be next October before I get to give the new furnace build a true test!

Told you so! Told you so! :msp_biggrin:

You're a bit more South....wasn't quite that warm here....but I was in a T-shirt working on the van.

Should I take the plow off of my truck? I use it once this year to clear snow away from the outside basement entry!

Told you so! Told you so! :msp_biggrin:

You're a bit more South....wasn't quite that warm here....but I was in a T-shirt working on the van.

Should I take the plow off of my truck? I use it once this year to clear snow away from the outside basement entry!

NO!!!, that would be inviting that B$$$H Mother Nature to dump a couple feet on us. Mine will hang there till May.

Dave, I'm trying to convince myself that this is just repayment for the tons of snow and weeks of frigid we got in 2010-11. (It ain't working yet though)

All winter we all talked about, and braced ourselves for that monster storm; because we were sure we’d have to pay for all the nice weather… never happened. We got some snow but never saw blizzard conditions, and maybe only a half-dozen nights below zero… not even one day with a single-digit daytime high. Now the 10-day forecast calls for temps in the 70’s to low 80’s, barely a chance for rain… just more of the same unseasonably warm weather we’ve had all winter.

Well, I’m no longer buying that we’ll have to pay… I’m not betting on a blast of winter yet to come, even a short one… I’m not worrying about a hot, dry summer…
Why look a gift-horse in the mouth?
The frost (what little we had) is out…
The ice went out of the river last week…
The soft maples are getting their leaves…
The perennials are poking through the ground…
I’ve been listening to turkeys gobble for a week now…
Last night the birds were singing just like a mid-summer evening…

Just like the plants, animals and trees… I’m going with it. I’m down to maybe a half-dozen arm-loads of wood in the basement, and I ain’t gonna’ toss more in. This weekend I’m gonna’ drag out the yard furniture, put a couple window screens on the house and move the beer fridge out to the shop. I’ve washed my insulated coveralls and folded them away for the year… snow shovels and brooms are stowed away. I’m turning on the outside water hose tonight… maybe open the shed and get the golf cart started. The plow is coming off, and I ain’t gonna look back.

This is crazy yesterday 76 degrees.. 64 degrees at 9 pm! It's very dry here in fact there was a brush fire across the street from my house last night. I sure hope we get a little rain, I may have to shut down outdoor wood boilers I'm afraid of starting a fire around it.. I usually burn until at least May.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

i'm with ya' "White Spider". t-shirt, small outdoor fire and a few cold beers is WELCOME around here. had some old Creedence Clearwater and Levon Helm on the truck stereo last evening lovin' it !

I didn't wanna come in the house last nite. I could of stayed outside feedin' the fire ring and swillin' cold beer all nite. but, alas, i've got some fishin' to do today so i had to call it quits early. and a couple daughters to supervise. at age 9 and 13 they'll stay up till midnite !!

don't know what the summer is gonna be. indiana is pretty much always hot, humid and miserable with insects. that's where Zen and the art of wade fishin' the rivers come in. a great way to spend a hot humid day.

Same here in northern Indiana. It is 80 degrees and windy today. Swatted my 1st mosquito last night, and that sucks. Way too early for them.

Spidey I like the way you roll. Don't think about it, don't analyze it just frickin' do it!
It was 78 here today and I was doing yard work. (love doin yard work)
I had the back pack blower (still breathing two-cycle don't need withdrawals yet) on my back and a cold beer in my hand. Back yard and side yard is clean. i copped a buzz and now I'm back to my CAD and FAD.

Last Saturday I was wearing shorts in 70 degrees. Tuesday morning had four inches of snow.

Rain is slamming onto the windows.

Our forecast for the next week?

Rain and snow, except today, rain and snow in the morning, showers in the afternoon.
Then

Rain and snow.
Rain and snow.
Rain and snow.
Rain and snow.
Rain and snow.
Rain and snow.
Rain and snow.

I'll be sure to get out and do productive things during the showers in the afternoon.

That's why we grow nice trees here instead of corn.

Latest posts

Back