Use for Old 2-cycle Gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of fires, what ever became of strike anywhere (kitchen) matches? All I can find are strike on box wooden matches. :popcorn:

Hey, I got some of 'em. They are still made by Diamond match company, but are pretty hard to find. I only know of one store that sells them.

They come in handy when lighting fireworks!

I ran a tin or two of two stroke mix through my Fairlane when I was a poor apprentice. The old 302 Windsor never complained. (Dad did though, where is all my mower/saw fuel goin!):confused:

When I was young I used gasoline to clean off an old greasy starter that needed repair - just used gas and a brush in our gravel driveway. About an hour later I had it repaired and figured I would test it before I put it back in the car. I got a battery and some jumper cables and set it on the gravel driveway and shorted out the solenoid with a screwdriver (Chrysler) to make the starter work. Wouldn't you know that I chose the same spot where I had used the gas an hour earlier for cleaning - the fireball that the spark caused was small and no injury was done - but it sure did surprise me when the gravel driveway caught on fire!

Also in one of my poorer days we took some gas out of an antique car my uncle had and it didn't look too bad - so I dumped it in the beat up 59 MG that I was driving at the time. Next day I had to take the carbs apart and clean them out as the fuel really messed them up......If you do decide to use this old fuel in an engine......make sure it has not turned too foul or you may have some extra work to do.

Pour it on your driveway in the shape of your name, then light it up. It looks cool.

I have about 4 gallons of old 2-cycle mix that has been sitting around for about a year. Where is a good place to use it? Will it mess up a 4-cycle engine? Was thinking about adding a little to the lawn mower each time.

I dump mine in my 1940 Ford 9N tractor, it loves the stuff.

P.S. a whole bunch of crap came through the fuel system with the first re-fuel of corn fed 10% ethanol...............thank God for the sifter bowl under the tank and inline I installed!!!!

Hey, I got some of 'em. They are still made by Diamond match company, but are pretty hard to find. I only know of one store that sells them.

They come in handy when lighting fireworks!
They are cool when blown through a straw into a brick wall....

Pour it on your driveway in the shape of your name, then light it up. It looks cool.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Ive used it to pour down a hole to kill them underground hornets or yellow jackets or whatever them little:censored: are called. I know they hurt like he!!.

Yeah +1 Bumblebees bad, not like gas in hole......

I typically huff all of my old mixed gas.

I can't remember.....did we used to do that? Why are these butterflies flying around my head?

Fuel system

I have fine tuned my fuel and oil usage program based on a lot of info I received here and some from a few other places. First and foremost I located a gas station that sells prem, no ethanol gas. I use Stabil in it and try not to store it too long. If it does sit a couple months I use it in the old VW. I have switched to Stihl ultra mix, if the mix gas sits more than a couple months it goes in the mower/blower. Same with the boat motor gas/mix. I bought a funnel that has a screen built in it for draining leftover gas out of the chainsaws and back into the gas can after use(I do the run them dry method for storing). Thanks to everyone for all the ideas.

One other thing I have started doing is using full synthetic oil in my 4 stroke small engines.

For inlaws and anoying neighbors..

Stash that can to the side and when they wanna bum gas frm ya,,say here ya go,,and wala....Gets rid of the old gas,,and might stop the bumming.... :)

One of the more fun things I did in my youth was toss dixie cups filled with gas into a campfire. The resulting fireball would go about 20-30 feet in the air, turning in on itself as it went up. The event is made more exciting if you add heavy drinking to it. Of course, someone always winds up on fire and ruins the evening.

nah nah, you want to ADD tons of styrofoam tot he gasoline.....stir well, light it up and launch it somehow.....

i put some old gas in my tractor and it ran fine. Also use it to light underground bees nests on fire. That always makes my day.:greenchainsaw:

Back