used 362 costing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merkel

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a hold on a newer Stihl 362 hat has a couple hours on it for 525.00 with all paperwork How is this deal, not too up on used values but I think its worth a shot. Thoughts?

Well, the 362 that I was going to pick up tomorrow morning for 525 was sold to another person today for 600. Received a text about noon saying “Sold saw today for 600.” I never replied back and the funny thing is I didn’t really want the saw, but because I committed I was going to honor my word and buy it. This couldn’t have worked out better!!!

The funny thing is that it reminds you sometimes that some people’s integrity can be bought for a lousy $75.00. It’s a sad statement for sure! In this case it worked out but nevertheless a reminder.

Now I can get a 462 which is what I really want.....

The saw buying game is ruthless for sure. I've had them bought out for underneath me. Just happened the other day with an 036 pro. I was about to leave the house when something was off. Guy stopped answering messages and when I checked the add, it was marked sold. Cant trust anyone. Definitely a first come first serve sorta thing these days and thats why i don't travel far for anything for sale. People are shady as ****. Definitely don't buy from anyone selling online wanting you to pay with PayPal friend and family

@merkel Wow 362's are going for 600.00 that's crazy....... I've got a frinty-mesh 362c that I'd let go for a lot less than that! I've also got a bridge to Ketchikan I'm selling too :dancing: .

@Agent smith So true, I dabble in the saws a little and have found some shady characters for sure :confused:. I also think that a lot of saw buyers are tire kickers and don't have the money to play the game.....This wears out sellers and they get jaded. I scored my 440 for 350.00 (she did need some minor work) because the seller was so tired of people not coming through.

BR,

~TW

Back