Used osburn 2200?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

T. Collins

I have an option to buy an osburn 2200 from a good family friend. He lives in northern Wisconsin, and is to old to haul wood around, so he is switching to gas. The unit is 8 years old, and he says he used it for about 5 winters due to snow-birding in Florida. He only burned good seasoned oak and maple in it. He said he would like to get $1000 for it(with the chimney liner and a face cord of oak), but might be able to give me a friend and fam discount for a bit less. How much life will the insert have left? Does that sound like a good idea? I could afford that, especially if I will get the cash back over the years in heat. He is a good friend of our family, I take everything he says as truth. Thanks for any directional input in advance-

I bought my Osburn 2400 Insert used, wouldn't hesitate to buy another in a second. There really isn't much to go wrong with them, and if you have any issues, I've had no problems getting replacement parts for mine. At that age, the firebrick is probably due for replacement, but outside of that, its a heavy plate stove that should last a lifetime.

Latest posts

Back