walnut we harvested today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is black walnut moving very good anywhere else or just the midwest ? They are literally taking any walnut they can find. I'm by no means a logger but some people feel safer with a tree service removing their trees as to a logger so those are usually the ones I get. Its crazy to see how much these can bring. This is the highest money log I've removed but I've heard from a veneer company they have spent $70,000 on single logs before.

Is black walnut moving very good anywhere else or just the midwest ? They are literally taking any walnut they can find. I'm by no means a logger but some people feel safer with a tree service removing their trees as to a logger so those are usually the ones I get. Its crazy to see how much these can bring. This is the highest money log I've removed but I've heard from a veneer company they have spent $70,000 on single logs before.
That is UNREAL DOUGH!!!
Wow...my Grannys got some Black Walnut groves over 60 yrs old...hmmm!!!:D

If there big logs 36 in diameter and larger the price per ft goes up fast. Smaller diameters won't bring near that but will still bring some coin. I'm getting $1.50 per foot for lumber.

Highest bid so far is $22,500 on this log. We were hoping for $30-35000
What do ya do, call the mills and have them come look? I take some walnuts that big and turn it into firewood. Makes me sick to think that someone is getting that kind of cash. The mill here will straight rob ya.

There's a few clipping plants here in Midwest. Michigan veneer in st johns, CNC veneer Ohio, CTS in Ohio. Big difference in veneer and lumber. Lumber place low dollar veneer place high dollar. Its crazy the industry and money in veneer. Michigan veneer is about the most professional company they are the main exporter of veneer from the usa

Beauty! How forunate to take a giant like that.

What do ya do, call the mills and have them come look? I take some walnuts that big and turn it into firewood. Makes me sick to think that someone is getting that kind of cash. The mill here will straight rob ya.

Makes me sick hearing wood like that going fo firewood. Even at $1.50 bf wouldnt it be worth more at a mill than as heat?

I sell logs alot to mills. I got one mill that I take alot of wood to and they just send me a check. I sold 3- 10' popular logs last spring to the mill for $550.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Beauty! How forunate to take a giant like that.

Makes me sick hearing wood like that going fo firewood. Even at $1.50 bf wouldnt it be worth more at a mill than as heat?
I'm sure it is, but the mill here is a rip off, dude will tell you one thing on site, get it to his place and he changes the price. He is the only one around here, so he plays games.

Back