• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wanted good project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USAF_Bowhunter

Aye Aye Ron
Reaction score
I have an 026 and I love it but I bought it already rebuilt. I'm looking for a saw project that I can rebuild myself and get that satisfaction out of it. I have most hand tools and power tools with the exception of a ring compressor (which I'll purchase if necessary). I'm thinking of something bigger than my 026 like a 036, 360 etc. but a pro saw. I'm not a professional nor do I NEED something huge but would like to own another jewel similar to the 026 that is extremely liked and dependable with an abundant amount of parts out there.

Shipping would be to the Ft. Bragg, NC area (I'm military). My zip is 28376.

Thanks everyone

I have an 026 and I love it but I bought it already rebuilt. I'm looking for a saw project that I can rebuild myself and get that satisfaction out of it. I have most hand tools and power tools with the exception of a ring compressor (which I'll purchase if necessary). I'm thinking of something bigger than my 026 like a 036, 360 etc. but a pro saw. I'm not a professional nor do I NEED something huge but would like to own another jewel similar to the 026 that is extremely liked and dependable with an abundant amount of parts out there.

Shipping would be to the Ft. Bragg, NC area (I'm military). My zip is 28376.

Thanks everyone
Welcome to AS Aaron.
I think the only Stihl project I have here is a nice 024.
Sure someone will be along with something a bit bigger for you.
Brett

What CC size are you thinking Aaron? I have a very rough 044 that you are welcome to. IM me a shipping address. What MOS? Enlisted I was a 31K, then OCS and rode tanks.
I'm a Combat Controller (JTAC) which is under AFSOC similar to Special Forces under USASOC. Most civilians know PJ more than CCT but once you're mil you know MARSOC, USASOC, AFSOC, and Naval Spec Warfare and all the different flavors.
I'll get my address to you. Since my 026 is legendary for that size I'd be happy stepping it up to something a little bigger. All offers are welcome. Thanks gents.

I' got a couple of crankcases you could build off of, a 371k that could be turned into a 371 and a 2165. I also have a couple of aftermarket 372 cases, I live over in Elizabethtown, not to far from you. Lots of aftermarket parts for them.

Latest posts

Back