We all love pics, so post up your pics (saw/wood related).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Super-hunky

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
One of the things I like doing best is going through the archived posts and checking out all the different pics of peoples log haulers, firewood piles, chainsaws, race saws, log splitters and anything to do with cutting wood.

I have learned a lot in a very short time and many of the pics I have seen have helped out quite a bit. I just got finished building a very nice saw buck (for under $20 bucks) that worked out great since I have 18'' marks all the way down it and spread out the cross members evenly so the saw cuts between them.

I have seen many firewood hauling rigs anywhere from pickup trucks to off road carts to lawn tractors pulling small trailers etc and have also seen some really impressive wood piles as well as felled trees.

I don't have many pics yet, but I'll start with what I've got.

Post up your pics please as many of us would sure like to see 'em!

Here is my new homemade saw buck:

firewood007.jpg

Here is my log hauling cart as well as my home in which we had hand built all the railings out of tree limbs and branches.

firewood004.jpg

Lets see some of your pics please!

super hunky how do you like the bighorn tires on your ranger? I'm thinking about geting a set

Craig

oh

pics

One of the things I like doing best is going through the archived posts and checking out all the different pics of peoples log haulers, firewood piles, chainsaws, race saws, log splitters and anything to do with cutting wood.

I have learned a lot in a very short time and many of the pics I have seen have helped out quite a bit. I just got finished building a very nice saw buck (for under $20 bucks) that worked out great since I have 18'' marks all the way down it and spread out the cross members evenly so the saw cuts between them.

I have seen many firewood hauling rigs anywhere from pickup trucks to off road carts to lawn tractors pulling small trailers etc and have also seen some really impressive wood piles as well as felled trees.

Mr. S-H,

I agree with you about learning. But I think you really just want another chance to show off what I think is one of the best looking homesteads on this site :cheers: !

I am starting to get the bug too, I just don't have the land to justify it. This week I started thinking about milling up the neighbors trees I have been taking down to get make wood flooring (red oak). That is a very nice looking mill Wismer.

I don't have many pics yet, but I'll start with what I've got.

Post up your pics please as many of us would sure like to see 'em!

Here is my new homemade saw buck:

firewood007.jpg

Here is my log hauling cart as well as my home in which we had hand built all the railings out of tree limbs and branches.

firewood004.jpg

Lets see some of your pics please!

Love that house. I suspect the reason you added an end piece to your saw buck ( or as we call'em "saw horse,") is so you get exactly 4 foot logs's to make a legal cord? We never did cause it interferred with longer logs being able to be put on and not fallin off. That will work fine though.

Wismer:

Many off roaders like the Maxxis Bighorns best as they are a radial tire (super-smooth on the road) and have incredible off road traction with lugs on the side walls.

BTW, to post a pic and have it come up without having to click on the attachment, do the following.

Step one:

Your pic needs to be hosted on a hosting site. I use www.photobucket.com as it is free and very simple.

Step two:

Once your pic is hosted on a hosting site, simply highlight the URL address and then copy and paste it to a thread.....hint: (to copy and paste, click on your edit button above your address bar, then hit "copy", your pic will now be ready to "paste" wherever you want it. Just right click and hit "paste" when you get to the page you want your pic to be.

Step Three:

After you paste the URL address in your pic in your reply, you must put the letters img in brackets before the URL address and /img in brackets after the URL address. The brackets to use are next to the letter "p" and you want to use the bottom ones. Whqat this is doing is enabeling your html codes. If you don't know what that is, it does'nt matter, just follow the simple instructions and it will work.

Give it a try!

Last edited:
Mr. Super Hunky

Is your house from one of the big companies? I am a designer for one of the big post and beam outfits with a sister log company and was just wondering.:confused:

....... Here is my new homemade saw buck:

firewood007.jpg

It looks really good. but I think you will need more lateral support, if you plan to use it for some time and/or for heavier logs...........

....and the "legs" are spread out a bit much, compared to the hight, for my liking. :blob2: :blob2:

This one is more than 20 y o, and made and maintained with more or less random planks - it works wery well.........

Last edited:
Here's some recent pics of my progress at our new house site. You can see the wood pile, brush fire and a pic from about halfway back the driveway. The house will be about 400ft. from the road.
dsc00979gd5.jpg

dsc00981wo3.jpg

dsc01020vp1.jpg

dsc01029tx0.jpg

Here's some recent pics of my progress at our new house site. The house will be about 400ft. from the road.
dsc01029tx0.jpg

Hope you have a bug-lite...or screened porches. I grew up back in the humid midwest and remember quite well how it is in the woods!

Awesome house... and land, Looks like the dog is happy in the picture, did you build him a log house with a deck too?

I smell a fight a brewin'

Uh, hey, tree beard

You have to have Husky safety gear to protect you from that Stihl, huh? Kind of like watching a Chevy tow a Ford into the repair shop.

Seriuosly though, nice place you got there Super Hunky.

Back