We all love pics, so post up your pics (saw/wood related).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive posted some of these pics in the foresty/logging forum. look for the threads. "HEY GUYS I GOT U SOME PICS" and "NEW JOB=MORE PICS!!!"

here is just a few of them.

Picture043.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture038-1.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Western Red Cedar took down a month ago for a friend.
attachment.php

A big Poplar cleaned up ftom our big storm last winter.
attachment.php

Part of the saw family minus the 032 and 064.
attachment.php

Holy crap thats a big saw!. Big tree too!. Kinda makes my little 021 look like a hemorrhoid or something!:bowdown:

Western Red Cedar took down a month ago for a friend.
attachment.php

A big Poplar cleaned up ftom our big storm last winter.
attachment.php

Part of the saw family minus the 032 and 064.
attachment.php

Holy crap that's a big saw. big tree too. Kinda makes my little 021 look like a hemorrhoid or something!!:rock:

Last edited:
Those Stihl's are nice, but....................

My Jonsered cut right through a John Deere!!!
Really, I did use the 2063 to make some wheel chaulks on my current project, splitting a Deere 2940. I've been so busy I didn't notice how much my signature needs to be updated. Maybe tommorow.

Its DP 066 41" bar. Same saw near end of log with 30" bar. Sil logger has same basic saw diff length bar.

yea, but with a different handle.......don't need to go there. that saw sure doesn't look the same as it does in that pic. its 2 months old now. and has cut 500,000+ bft. not quite as shiny

Hey,where do I get a ''earth first" sticker like that?I could raise holy H$%% with the tree huggers I know with that!:pumpkin2:

"My Jonsered cut right through a John Deere!!!"

Did a mighty nice job!:ices_rofl:

Here is a little item that Mr. Westtexas and I worked on a couple of years ago.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's some recent pics of my progress at our new house site. You can see the wood pile, brush fire and a pic from about halfway back the driveway. The house will be about 400ft. from the road.
dsc00979gd5.jpg

dsc00981wo3.jpg

dsc01020vp1.jpg

dsc01029tx0.jpg

These pics look like you're getting real work done, and not playing with your toys.

big oak

Here's a few from down south,,,, about the Horizontal 30

The first two are a big water oak that was not far from down town Breaux Bridge La. that taped 96" DBH and the canopy was approaching 190' across,,, I lost some of the pics but somehow I salvaged these My Middle brother Daniels job..we took this tree down from over her house because the Insurance would no longer allow covererage I think the other pix are on my other laptop:laugh: we have a 16' section of the main trunk and we are going to mill some slabs this winter :hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are some saw Pix,, stumpshots too these are just a few of the flushcutter saws we take on a job but we dont always put bars on everything we usually just dress out what we feel hadnt been run in a while,,, but always bring back ups,,,, just in case if you look close there on standby w/no bars on is a dolmar 9010, 066 mag, 056mag II,,,but ready to rumble w36" bars is the 460 mag and 044 mag!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
More stumps

This red oak stump was 42-48" @ the widest point the main tree had been removed since hurricane Rita, sept. 05,,, as you can see much of the root ball is exposed,

attachment.php

here is a yellow pine that was 34-36" same job as above same anomoly, partially uprooted,,,,storm wind driven damage
attachment.php

One more shot of Jody @ work,,, I know I know,,, at least he's wearing hearing protection!!!! the whole top was twisted out of this tree according to the home owner and we just took down what was left,,,, the remaininr spar ws cut by others right after that Beothch "Rita" left,,, two years later we finally get to do the stumps, as you can see from the grey stump top this one has been cut down for a while from the same storm!!!
attachment.php

The 460 is bone stock with a mild muffler mod and factory dual port,,,

The 044 is an all OEM parts BB that Dean and I built while I was on Holiday In the PNW,,,,, it is a 11 year old 12mm wristpin 044 wearing a highly modified OEM 460 jug/piston,, saw makes 195lb compression I am trying to find some new plastic for it,,, the top air shroud is from an MS 440, and yes that is a Husky decomp button and on a cool day,,,,,it is pretty smart to use it,,,,, at the time it was all we had and it works quite well:clap:

Last edited:
I love those pics...

Let me introduce myself, I am OneGoodTurn. Been trollin' the site for a while and really havin' a great time.

I wanted to make my first post to this site :)newbie:) and share some of my own recent pics. Have been out collecting firewood in the Colorado Rockies on a permit (fell um' but don't sell um) and breakin' in my new Stihl 460 Mag. I love it! I will be putting the 5th gallon in it this weekend.

attachment.php

Limbing with my 260 Pro. PPE? Where?

attachment.php

Breakin' in the 460...my best side...really.:laugh:

attachment.php

Bucking some small beetle-kill rounds about 20-22".

attachment.php

The front of my piles and a fresh 32" ES bar with 3/8-8 rim on the 460 waiting for something tasty to knaw on. Turin' 33RSF. I gave it its chance last week on a 47" diameter (not so tasty) cottonwood that I took down for the neighbors. Sorry, no pics, all work and no play makes OneGoodTurn a dull boy.

attachment.php

Boys and their toys...

Thanks to everyone for all of their posts throughout this site, it has been a real kick to follow the threads and read about what makes us all...well...want to rip that cord. :chainsawguy:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited:
Great Post One Turn!!!! Welcome To Arborist Site...

Its a pretty cool place to Hang out,,,,,,,

Nice Pics B T W what kind of trees are those??? man those beetles messed up a bunch of em Ehhhh???

I like your Sig What is that knot called?????

Hey River Rat,

Saw the Pics from Breaux Bridge, thats my stomping grounds too. Grandfather ran a service station and garage in Leonville for 50 years and I was born in New Iberia south of Lafayette. I live in Baton Rouge now.

Enjoyed all of everyones pics !

Chris:D

Latest posts

Back