We Have A Little Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me get this straight. A 5100 was sold after being modded by Randy to tg for large money with the proceeds going to help another member. Good on the original donor, good on Randy and most of all on Tg for ponying up large dough. Then Tg sells it, but keeps the jug and replaces it with garbage?

No not exactly Nik.

This is the same jug, I can tell by the exhaust and the squish band work. What it looks like is that maybe he decided he could get some more out of it while he was drunk......................

Either way. I've got another jug in the cleaner.......I'll just fix it up and send it back to Jack. Like you said Nik......good money was spent on this saw in order to help an AS member. I can't let Jack end up with a mess like this.

Looking at the roof of the intake port it looks like two different jugs

Without a doubt - a "bait-n-switch" took place, hopefully no blame was sent towards you Randy

............... Nice work in the first picture, but my 11 year old could do a better port job on the one with all of the fancy blue stuff !!

Out of sheer ignorance (my own- I don't build or tinker.... just buy and run the hell out of them) can someone explain why that blue stuff would have been all over the cylinder in the first place?:confused:

No not exactly Nik.

This is the same jug, I can tell by the exhaust and the squish band work. What it looks like is that maybe he decided he could get some more out of it while he was drunk......................

Either way. I've got another jug in the cleaner.......I'll just fix it up and send it back to Jack. Like you said Nik......good money was spent on this saw in order to help an AS member. I can't let Jack end up with a mess like this.

I never thought I would do this, asking Randy "is he sure" BUT ......... in the first picture, the intake doesnt have the ring support - whereas the rest of the pictures have the tonsil in the intake for ring support.

Are you sure he didnt switch them ????
The pictures dont make sense if its the same jug ??

Out of sheer ignorance (my own- I don't build or tinker.... just buy and run the hell out of them) can someone explain why that blue stuff would have been all over the cylinder in the first place?:confused:

Im no builder but I believe the silicone was to seal up all the leaks that were created with the attempt to "improve" on mastermind's work.

That just makes me sick. I cant help but wonder how he wasn't canned some time ago. The guy lied so bad, and so frequently, it was spooky. After the 261 fiasco, he came back on here with a new forum name- but forgot to change his cell phone signature (identifying himself). He then proclaimed that he bought the phone from Tgerloff, and only went to school with him. Strange stuff..

I never thought I would do this, asking Randy "is he sure" BUT ......... in the first picture, the intake doesnt have the ring support - whereas the rest of the pictures have the tonsil in the intake for ring support.

I'm with mopararmy here. The exhaust ports are completely different.

Im no builder but I believe the silicone was to seal up all the leaks that were created with the attempt to "improve" on mastermind's work.

Give me a minute......more pics coming up.

That just makes me sick. I cant help but wonder how he wasn't canned some time ago. The guy lied so bad, and so frequently, it was spooky. After the 261 fiasco, he came back on here with a new forum name- but forgot to change his cell phone signature (identifying himself). He then proclaimed that he bought the phone from Tgerloff, and only went to school with him. Strange stuff..

He ain't the only one on here that's got caught up in his lies.......

:msp_ohmy:

My computer in the shop crashed.......had to come in the house.....now, give me a minute. :laugh:

Here's what you fellers are seeing and thinking it's a ring support.....

He ground upward on the ends of the intake for some reason.......and cut thru on the outside. Hence the blue goop.

Here's the exhaust......still looks the same to me.

He did butcher the lower transfers though.

Sure looks like the same cylinder to me looking at the exhaust shape and cut chamber. For what ever reason, looks like he raised the hell out of the intake port but left a ring support. Randys intake port would have had plenty of ring support without needing a bridge. He sure did fubar that cylinder!

....and anyone that done that shoddy of porting would have never been able to make a combustion chamber, exhaust port, or uppers as pretty and nice as what Randy originally done.

Last edited:
Back