Weak MS180 Construction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00366.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

Yep they aint big on cleaning! Or on flipping bars!

I have the old spur sprocket from the last time they got me to fix it, It jammed the spur was so worn and it was breaking chains!!!!

If they say "fix it" i charge them to clean it or at least a gallon of purple power $5 and some rags +time ... A clean saw is a happy saw.

I don't use an impact....

If they say "fix it" i charge them to clean it or at least a gallon of purple power $5 and some rags +time ... A clean saw is a happy saw.

I don't use an impact....

Its 2 guys in their 60s that i work with, I only ever see them when something goes wrong.

They broke the pivot on their pick up tipper.
Every time they had my hedgetrimmer it came back with a tooth less so they dont get any of my equipment.

I kind of like the challenge of keeping their stuff going:)

Jury is still out on the impact im afraid.
I think of it like using a hammer to drive a nail as compared to a nailgun the nailgun wont loosen fresh concrete posts but using a hammer will.

We have seen bent connecting rods in the smaller Stihls as well. One was a 210 that bent the rod from pulling it over while hydrolocked. Junk saws, I hate how they sound and vibrate. I wouldn't want to use one for more than 15 minutes...exactly what they are made for I suppose.

We have seen bent connecting rods in the smaller Stihls as well. One was a 210 that bent the rod from pulling it over while hydrolocked. Junk saws, I hate how they sound and vibrate. I wouldn't want to use one for more than 15 minutes...exactly what they are made for I suppose.
So..... a bit of a hi jack here but your little quote thing about the sh*tapillars cracks me up, what is that from?
ADLM

So is the set up about the same on the ms 170 internals also?And also is the ms 193 t piston /cylinder etc the same as well? Im pretty sure i read the ms 192t was the same as the 170...... is this correct or did they make it better? I remeber you did the ms 193t Brad... What were your thoughts on the guts? i will try to find that thread and see if you had pics of it ... Thanks ya all. I only ask as i was thinking of getting a 193t but have read mixed reviews on it... Did not mean to change the subject ....

Reading this thread makes me appreciate the time I broke my scrench trying to take off the clutch on my 1970's 041 FB. Good to know that the 180's have a weak connecting rod, I have to deal with plenty of homeowner grade plastic from time to time.

Back