Well........What New Saws Are In Your Future???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been thinking of trading my two year old 039 in for a MS 361. A Husky 346 XP is also on the list, from the posts I make it seems like I have Sthil tatooed on my underwear, but after buying a small Husky from a friend here on the site, I am slowly coming around to see that Huskies may not be all that bad of a saw in certain models.

Larry

I'm wanting to try out the 044 (440), I have the 046 and the 036, but I'm thinking maybe once I try the 044 and find it fills my needs then I will probably get rid of the 046 and the 036, but it will be hard to let go of the 036 it is small but does alot for its size.

Larry

You are talking like a wise man now. Quit talking to the Fargo Kid about stihl saws.

Ricky

I just got a dolmar 6000i on its original chain for my future father in law, looking forward to having a spin with it once it arrives.

Would like to have a try of the 7900, seems there are alot fans of it on here.

im in the process of building a Stihl026 Pro. i just dont buy new saws anymore.. i build saws from parts everybody else throws away and run those.. good enough for me.. plus thats all i can afford! also working on a Homelite XL-12 and Super XL.

Like to get a rear handle ms200, like the way it looks as a ground saw. Of course I do not need it, but I want it. :)

In my case the word new,would be new to me,most likely old to everybody else. :dizzy:

I want to retire the pioneer 1130 as I do not know when it will pack it in again so I am looking into getting a dolmar PS34(34cc) with 3/8 chain pitch and 16" bar or a 41cc oleo mac with .325 chain and 16"bar, husqvarna are out of my price range and I do not like stihl so I won't go there on the subject of stihl, will be keeping the pioneer and just give it a run every now and then to keep things lubricated

Dadatwins said:
Like to get a rear handle ms200, like the way it looks as a ground saw. Of course I do not need it, but I want it. :)

I got a Husqvarna version of the saw, the 336, and liked it so much I got a second. I'm sure the 200 is just as nice. As you imagine, it's a great little ground saw and not too shabby for topping. Then you can throw away/sell the 026.

the yellow one
attachment_25034.php

I am with Al Smith on this, more likely "next" saw, not "new". My newest freebee is the Echo 400. My first Echo and I am intrigued by it. Was surprised by the decent quality, good oiler (once I got it working) Has decent nuts for a saw it's size. maybe there are saws other than old Macs and Stihl?? My wish is for a 670 to try, in similar condition for the same price of course.

I consider this a wish list more than a purchasing plan, & these would be "used, but new to me."

Stihl looking for a Jred 2171 sleeper since the Husky 372xp prices are so high. Wouldn't turn down a Jred 920 either. Saw some old funky helmet shaped Jred on acresinternet, but don't recall the model #.

A Mac 125 would be nice. I figure that it is more realistically obtainable than a 090, & it's design has a certain flair to it.

I'm dreaming of a Dolmar PS5100, a Stihl 088, husky 346XP. and Stihl 090. most anything else I can think of, I've already got.

I'm still looking for a (mainly) milling saw, a used 066 or 394. Haunting this site and Ebay... Patience... :rolleyes:

A Stihl MS361 is in my very near future (may even buy it today). I started looking at the 290/310/390 (the 390 would be a special order, since my dealer doesn't stock that one), but was able to rationalize my way up to a 361. :)

I would have to say either a ms 880 or a stil ms 361 I don't honestly need the 880 or the 361. I have an old 036 pro and a stihl 066 but hay never hurts to wish.

Latest posts

Back