Wet saw weights

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After work just about every day, cutting lots of eukalyptus, great stuff if you can give it a couple of years to bake in the sun, which I can.They bring out the pre-school kids to watch the chips fly and cut suvineer heart shaped wood for cute tourists from Denver. 100% free wood heat here, all nicely seasoned hardwoods. (Lots of 2 year oak next year, get another whole summer) Some exotic hardwood for a bowl making friend, all the rest cut up in a jiffy for the townsfolk without saw to will take some free wood if I cut it up, Lots of new trees every day now, it's crazy.:rock: :rock: :rock:

GAS, he's a big ole boy...

Myself.. I am not.

Maybe thats why Im curious as to how much saws weigh... :help:

As in... a 460 might be 18% my body weight.

357xp 20" bar 8.18 kg
Stihl ms290 18" bar 8.17 kg
I was a little surprised that the 290 and 357 were so close,the 357 always felt a little lighter to me,guess not

According to test reports by KWF and DLG, they both weights more than adverticed - .4 and .2 kg, respectively......
Empty, without bar and chain, that is.

Two inches of bar and chain make some difference, and Stihl Rollomatic E bars are a good bit lighter than Oregon/Husky bars.......

Latest posts

Back