whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have question, why does the tree care field have so many lossers in it. It seems that most tree care wokers are drunks or drug users. Also, why would someone like to make a living draging brush and climbing trees? This is not a safe job, with little to gain. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do this unless he or she has no other options. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

TV are you just pissed because the Bengals lost?

I have question, why does the tree care field have so many lossers in it. It seems that most tree care wokers are drunks or drug users. Also, why would someone like to make a living draging brush and climbing trees? This is not a safe job, with little to gain. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do this unless he or she has no other options. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

We all wanna be like you ya old crusty fart :)

Just plain mean.

I am removing this beautiful large Walnut tree for a friend. It was planted to close to the house and right where her new room addition is going to be built. She's a nurse in the children's cancer ward. Were charging here home cooked meals to do it.
I can only get out there once or twice a month and I don't want to over whelm her with brush and wood so I'm piecing it out a little at a time. It's a technical removal. So there I am gaffing this tree, leaving big ass stubs, I just cradled a large branch down to the roof, and a small group of people are watching. A guy comes up and asked what I am doing to that tree. I tell him I'm trimming it. He tells me he is a CA and gets all up set, he tells me I should be arrested for trimming that tree like that and wareing spikes in it. I tell him that's how I trim all my tree's. He asks if I have insurance, I tell him car insurance. Now he's really upset. I have to get back home, so I come down and tell him I was finished.
He looked like he wanted to punch me. I was feeling a little mean today. Hopefully I'll see him next time I'm there and I'll fess up. Seemed like a nice guy, it was just his attitude that rub me the wrong way.

Haha. New guy has our number!! :)

I am removing this beautiful large Walnut tree for a friend. It was planted to close to the house and right where her new room addition is going to be built. She's a nurse in the children's cancer ward. Were charging here home cooked meals to do it.
I can only get out there once or twice a month and I don't want to over whelm her with brush and wood so I'm piecing it out a little at a time. It's a technical removal. So there I am gaffing this tree, leaving big ass stubs, I just cradled a large branch down to the roof, and a small group of people are watching. A guy comes up and asked what I am doing to that tree. I tell him I'm trimming it. He tells me he is a CA and gets all up set, he tells me I should be arrested for trimming that tree like that and wareing spikes in it. I tell him that's how I trim all my tree's. He asks if I have insurance, I tell him car insurance. Now he's really upset. I have to get back home, so I come down and tell him I was finished.
He looked like he wanted to punch me. I was feeling a little mean today. Hopefully I'll see him next time I'm there and I'll fess up. Seemed like a nice guy, it was just his attitude that rub me the wrong way.

Now thats funny!

Do I sense a little jealousy?

Vegeta#17;4063980 most tree care wokers are drunks [/QUOTE said:
It has to be TreeVet 'cause that's the way they talk in Cincinnati -- tree wokers. Sometimes they pronounce it tree "wankers" if they'
re trying to talk real fast.
Phil

Last edited:
It has to be TreeVet 'cause that's the way they talk in Cincinnati -- tree wokers. Sometimes they pronounce it tree "wankers" if they'
re trying to talk real fast.
Phil

I don't think vet would play games like that. I think he just got sick of the same old BS. I could be wrong, though. He was a hot ####, but whatever, life goes on (and on and on).

Cheers, Dave!! :cheers:

Almost done with the 18ft tilt trailer at work. Needs one more coat of paint, wheels painted, decals, then reassembled. New brake pads, hardware and repacked bearings. Will be nice to have it done, but then it's on to two chippers for paint.:bang:

trailern.jpg

Anyone else getting into any winter projects?

I missed out on a 96 GMC 14.5 ton crane the other day. Looked pretty good, and only 12k obo! :censored: Would have been a nice upgrade for my partner and I. Missed out on a 2400xl morbark last month too. Looked really nice and supposedly good to go, 15k obo.

Well its back to work for me. I am helping 2tree out tommorow though I was going to get on some of the stuff I have been sitting on. Still have few left over from Sandy and a couple removals to get done soes I can pay my insurance and taxes and buy some more bullets.

I messed around with some equipment today. I built a backdrop for my bow target, tried to pick it up but it slammed me in the head and wrenched my neck which is about broke as it is. I got an arrow stuck in the backdrop now, man, its really in there something fierce. Well at least I know where it is. They aren't cheap either.

I replaced my dryer vent tube today, maybe you should too.

Yesterday I was out riding with my little girl. I got her a sweet Trek, shocks, hand brakes, grip shifters, its bad to the bone. She hit a foot bridge coming down a hill, smacked right into it, I thought she ####ed herself up good. I had to untwist her from the wreckage, bent the handle bars, took a chunk out of the bridge and she was sobbing allright. She's got a little bruise on her knee but is fine. I have been telling her all about my wrecks since she was 3, that's why my neck is ####ed. Bikes and blood, YEEFNHAA! Man you should have see her eat that bridge, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I also sharpened one of my 44's today. I had hit a rock with it and was thinking of just making a new chain but ten strokes across the top of the cutter with a flat file, ten strokes with a 7/32 with a raker file next to it, 5 strokes with a 13/64 , half a bottle of vodka and I think I just might be able to dull it up again.

I made ravioli with vodka sauce for dinner along with a Ceasar salad and just so you pansies know you would have to put on yer big boy pants to eat that... then yer gonna have to change them in about an hour. This #### will hook you harder than crack cocaine.

006-19.jpg

Last edited:
I got a few projects I'm muddling through this winter. Just buttoned up a full clutch job on the yota yesterday. Should be good for another 200K miles now. :msp_tongue: Starting on the chipper bearings today. Gotta pull the tailgate off it too and do some welding work on it, straighten it out, etc. I'd like to paint it up nice again as the first job we did didn't really stick but I may just rattle can the bad areas and call it good for another year.

Latest posts

Back