whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? i didn't think it looked that big i was thinking it was close to our 25. i would think it isn't even possible to put 40 in a single but i really don't know i have no idea what mine haul.

my knuckle boom is 14long not sure how many yards that would that be? our chip truck is like 22 long but i never tried to figure the yardage it hauls. i know its heavy.

heres a picture how many yards do you think i really have no idea?

View attachment 282429

Maybe 20ish..:msp_confused:

filled this truck
20130302_123634.jpg

6 times using this beast
20130302_123612.jpg

to feed this beast
20130302_123617.jpg

finally tally was 28 trees removed, 200+ yards of chips (40 yard chip truck x 6 loads) 2 loads of wood. Boom in the air at 730, folded and finished at 5.

Man do I wish I could get set-ups like that!.

Looked at 4 pine removals this afternoon, barely enough room to set up the crane, not sure where I could manage to fit in the chipper and trucks.

I dont think he meant 40 yards our walking floor tractor trailers hold right around 100 so i don't think that thing is doing 40, 25 is usually pretty big for a tandem or a single. to much volume

yes matt, that is 40 yards. Truck is HUGE compared to the others in the yard, and it looks as tho it dwarfs your k-boom. Most of this company's other chip trucks are all 30 yarders.

Crane is not a rental, my boss owns 3 of them.

Last edited:
NO..........! I thought id put a dress on a rabbit n give that a go! a trick I learned from you, & I just thought id give ole blakey a lil kick, knew he would put up a pic, I just thought he had something to show????

I really like the pic of the yota attached to the chipper..........he musta had the ole lady haul it for him, lol, yeah my trailers not bad blakes its just twice the size of yers........kinda like my annual income LMFAO, hey? howd that xmas light endeavor go for ya? LOL, musta been a booming year I mean hell getn all yer stuff primed n painted........woo wee! wont you look dapper pulling 20yr old equipment with an orange peel paint job waiting to happen, go get em tree cudder! LMFAO

LXT..........

I feel like I'm picking on my neighbor's retarded kid when I argue with you. It can entertain for a bit but I just end up feeling bad.

yes matt, that is 40 yards. Truck is HUGE compared to the others in the yard, and it looks as tho it dwarfs your k-boom. Most of this company's other chip trucks are all 30 yarders.

What's the inside dimensions of the box?

We did our annual CPR and First Aid training yesterday. They sent us a dummy with boobs.....................

I am going to make it a bi-annual requirement. Maybe more, can never have enough of that stuff

JPS, Beasty, still working on getting the money for the training. Had the big guys in town, they have now seen the need first hand.

SRT and structural pruning where a topic

View attachment 282473
Took a day trip to our cottage yesterday, water access only. First time going across the lake in the winter, they have a marked trail along the ice (thank goodness!) sparked up a fire to get the cottage warm, bombed around the lake a bit! picked up a ski boose on kijiji, had my daughter and the dog in it going across, fun times:D That's my oldest in the picture, she is wanting her own sled for next year! Man having kids is $$$$. I talked her out of buying a horse though:biggrin:

We did our annual CPR and First Aid training yesterday. They sent us a dummy with boobs.....................

I am going to make it a bi-annual requirement. Maybe more, can never have enough of that stuff

JPS, Beasty, still working on getting the money for the training. Had the big guys in town, they have now seen the need first hand.

SRT and structural pruning where a topic

What you used FTA and he has boobs?

I'm with you , luckydad. 20 max.
Jeff

Thats what i always thought because i never really intended it for hauling chips so i didn't want it to be super long. My buddy built one with an 18ft bed and boom behind it and its just to long with a morbark 2400 on the back of it for the area we live in. they usually tow the chipper with a pickup so they can get it turned around then hook it up.

I believe the truck can haul it because whats 40 yards 22k? i mean thats nothing for a heavy spec single. i was figuring volume because you take your standard 53ft trailer we always are pounding it in there to get around 100 yards when they weigh it.

Seeing it in person the box might be bigger but the truck is about the same. Once you go bigger in International the cabs change. i cant really make out the tag on the side in the picture but im guess thats a 4400 or 4300 an 8-12t. mine is GVW 38k so i believe it can haul it because 40 yards would only make me weigh right around 40-44 with the crane.

its a shame they are done making those chippers they where getting some real power out of those. And in another decade i was expecting to see them everywhere since they where chipping so big. The new emission laws made it basically impossible to sell them now. Something to do with the width of machine with the new motor's. they would have to completely redesign.

Last edited:
Feeling like crap all day. Looked at a single tree trim job, and grinding four stumps job. Me and be took this one tree down a couple months ago. Things pretty close to 6'diameter. Gonna take A video of the beast eating that stump.

Its all just wood to me now. I climb it, I cut it, I throw it in the chipper or in the truck or in the stove after cutting it splitting it stacking it and carrying it downstairs. Just tired of winter i guess. Dreamnt of spring with a warm wet rain and Spring Peepers chirping in the background. The new smells are best as spring erupts with its earthy undertones and the bright greens of emerging leaves. Can't wait....

Resting today!

Been working 7 days a week for a while. Had a great week this week. Did a tech. removal for a Company that has 3 of their own climbers, They were all pissed off that they brought in outside talent to do the tree. It was a big Cottonwood with a single trunk. It had huge long branches over the neighbors house's driveway, and in the driveway were old restored cars. Very stressfull(Neighbors were out of town)
I couldn't get hardly any help at first from rest the crew. Thank God for dynasorb rope. I couldn't get the one groundsmen to let the pieces run, That rope may of saved my life.
By the end of the day we were all friends. Would of been a nice payday, but I bent a metal fence support. I had to drive 60 extra miles to buy the repair stuff. 7 hours to do the tree another 7 to get parts and fix fence.
I worked for Mike Whites tree service out in LA Friday and did three crane removals. We took one Aleppo pine in one blind pick from the back yard over a 800,000.00 dollar house. Its a trip to see 45 or 50 feet of tree floating over a house. I wasn't sure how to make the cut cuz the tree was a leaner but also was horizontal for the first 6 feet before sweeping up ward. I had hoped I found the balance point when I put on the sling. I made a notch in the top and started undercutting it. All went well but it shifted as it lifted off and broke the handle/gas tank on my ol reliable 038 mag. None the less it was a fun job and Mike has a great crew and I always enjoy working with them.
Yesterday I worked for a famous landscaper deadwooding her deadors Cedars. Every twig had to be carefully lowered or handed down to avoid breaking even a flower or tearing a leaf.
I had a great week, but travel time was murder on most my jobs.
I was so relived when the job I was suppose to do today with some friends for a nurse who works in the children's cancer ward was cancelled. A very deserving lady, but man I'm burnt.

Ground this 5' dbh ash tree stump that me and the dan cut down a couple months ago. Took about a hour and 45 mins to grind. I ended up grinding pretty close to a 15' x 15' x 18" deep area. The chip screens i made worked great. I love my new grinder, and I DIDNT fell like a ********** for driving in the customers yard!

:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ground this 5' dbh ash tree stump that me and the dan cut down a couple months ago. Took about a hour and 45 mins to grind. I ended up grinding pretty close to a 15' x 15' x 18" deep area. The chip screens i made worked great. I love my new grinder, and I DIDNT fell like a ********** for driving in the customers yard!

:hmm3grin2orange:

You know you could always cut the stump a little lower to save some grind time
How many hp?

Latest posts

Back