What bad fuel can do for you..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, tempting baby, tempting,LOL

:clap::clap: Hmm not tempting enough?

Ill throw in this picture.

Elvis-Stage-LP1183.jpg

On another note of believe it or not, those Stihl 4-mix blowers, they can do something unheard of. Would you beleive they will run on striaght gas for well over a whole tank. Reason being they require very little oil. When run on fuel mix alot of the oil in the mix merely lays in the engine pan after its shut off. That little bit of oil can make that motor go a long time on pure gas.

Had a man in Saturday that got 3 full tanks of pure gas through his before the engine finally said enuff of this bullschit.

your right...where are my manners. Ill send 2 cans. That stuff work pretty good on that carbon crap?

Two cans, now ya talking. Yes it works pretty good. I just spray it on and let it soak for a few days. I had a 026 saw that was run on fuel mix that was mixed in a paint thinner can. Needless to say it glued the rings to the piston so tight I couldn't budge them. I sprayed Gunk on it and let it sit for a few days. When I went back to look one of the rings popped loose while I was standing there. Gunk is some pretty good stuff for cleaning up fouled engines..

You and Matt are gonna have to duke it out over who gets this blower, I love a good boxing match, film it please,hahaha

Two cans, now ya talking. Yes it works pretty good. I just spray it on and let it soak for a few days. I had a 026 saw that was run on fuel mix that was mixed in a paint thinner can. Needless to say it glued the rings to the piston so tight I couldn't budge them. I sprayed Gunk on it and let it sit for a few days. When I went back to look one of the rings popped loose while I was standing there. Gunk is some pretty good stuff for cleaning up fouled engines..

You and Matt are gonna have to duke it out over who gets this blower, I love a good boxing match, film it please,hahaha

My imitation of Matt....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wNrB_V3PFc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wNrB_V3PFc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tommy, I'll ship ya a case of Pepsi, I'll call the local wendy's and buy you a meal, and pay for the gasket and Gunk. Now you want my address?

On another note. Why the heck do people buy expensive stuff, and then cheap out on gas and oil???????????? WTF????????

Tommy, I'll ship ya a case of Pepsi, I'll call the local wendy's and buy you a meal, and pay for the gasket and Gunk. Now you want my address?

On another note. Why the heck do people buy expensive stuff, and then cheap out on gas and oil???????????? WTF????????

How dayummm it Wrestlemania now man, three in the ring, hot dayumm, kinda hope you win Parris, I like pepsi,hehe

Far as why the reason is simple, most just don't care or give any thought to things like blowers, chainsaws and such. To them its a tool and nothing more. They use it, put it away with the what fuel they have left and use them both again the next time they need the tool. What you see with that blower we at the shop see day in and day out. Tant no biggie to us, we just view it as another job and nothing more...

My imitation of Matt....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wNrB_V3PFc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wNrB_V3PFc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That dude was knocked into la la land, wowow...

Oh no he's not. He decided to say to hell with that blower and get a new one. Most folks will not pay to get anything repaired nowdays, they rather buy new and go on. I guess I'm lucky to be lving in the richest county in the nation.
If I've got to pay $100 for something to maybe be fixed, or $400 for brand new, I'd probably go new also.
Cats around here, fix it hell, give me a new one. I say okkkkkkkkkk.
Are you a vet? Don't fix the cat, get a new one? :)

I been looking at some of the pics of those 5100's with that weird odd looking scoring off to one side of the piston. I think I've figured out what the real cause is and its has nothing to do with fuel or settings. Look at this piston. As you see it has that same off to one side scoring, not in the complete exhaust area are like most. I know exactly what caused this one to score and I think it may relate to those 5100's. Have a look see.

attachment.php

How dayummm it Wrestlemania now man, three in the ring, hot dayumm, kinda hope you win Parris, I like pepsi,hehe

Far as why the reason is simple, most just don't care or give any thought to things like blowers, chainsaws and such. To them its a tool and nothing more. They use it, put it away with the what fuel they have left and use them both again the next time they need the tool. What you see with that blower we at the shop see day in and day out. Tant no biggie to us, we just view it as another job and nothing more...

Ya I hear ya on that. I work in a auto shop, I see it all the time too!!

Back