What chainsaw's did you use this weekend???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pro Mac 610 wouldn't start so chucked it for distance instead. I wonder if I filed the bar and put an edge on it if it would make a good axe. :clap:

Be careful, I recently started the "ArboristSite Volunteer Foundation for the Deprived & Unfortunate McCulloch's"..... That there saying you said could get you two-yrs of bad luck with your fancy Dolmar's and Stihl's! :chainsaw:

:laugh:

J/K, i'm having my fair share of problems with them lately as well. The starter on one locked up. I took apart the starter assembly to check it out. Found a pawl to be shot, and the spring as well. Happened to have a used one on hand so I stuck it on. Seemed the rewind spring was plenty weak, and I have plenty of new ones, so I attempted to replace it. For the first time, mind you. While taking it apart, one of the washers happened to fall at the bottom of a barrel overfull with garbage. So I had to dig that out and then dump everything in again. When I took the drum loose, the spring went all over h### and scraped me up pretty good. Tried putting the new one in as it came out of the package, but I didn't know which way was right and which way was backwards, and it ended up shooting all over h###! Still don't have the dang thing together. Time to part it out and grab the next Mac inline! Good thing i've got 10 of them, huh! :dizzy:

Be careful, I recently started the "ArboristSite Volunteer Foundation for the Deprived & Unfortunate McCulloch's"..... That there saying you said could get you two-yrs of bad luck with your fancy Dolmar's and Stihl's!

Well I wouldn't want to jinx it. I'm still nice to my little Mac and my Pro Mac 55. My litttle Mac has cut more brush and limbs than anything else I've ever had and my Pro Mac 55 runs as good as when my dad bought it in 1978. The 610 on the other hand, has never run right. I think I'll just give it a place of honor on the shelf from now on, that way I will not anger the Mac gods and risk bad luck. LOL :clap:

Just the 339xp, to cut up some "primer wood" - actually the only saw I have used around this place (not the cottage)....

I use up my POS Windsor chains for that at the moment (there may be plastic that is harder) - fast process anyway......

Last edited:
Ran the antique

1980 white top model 61

Improved my summer view and took out 2 24" tulip poplars that finally gave up the ghost from Hurricane Isabel in September 03.

Isn't it nice to be able to Paul Bunyan them instead of being a bologna slicer...Timber!

I got acess to a 2 acre wood lot that is an all clear. We dropped and hauled about 20 smaller ones [under 20"] this Sat. I had a good helper. Most of the time I was WOT on the newly modded 036. Man I need to get in shape.

Couper:chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back