What chainsaws do you have (or, why are you here?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant to reply to this thread when it was first posted.

Why I registered on the site:

I thought I knew a few things about saws & trees. What I have learned here is I knew jack about them and was really on my way to possibly getting hurt. Fortunately I'm a good reader and fast learner. I was on a path of saw & self destruction to no end but.... I have seen the light.

I also want to install a wood burning furnace in the near future do to the political situation at hand. recenty I bought a house that has many a tree that need (help) due to safety issues with a new daughter in the home. I had planned on cutting down a few trees myself but instead hired a pro and am very glad I did when the first rotted tree broke into pieces as it hit the ground.

Why I read the saw forum.
When my dad passed he left a few saws that I was intending to get running again, it seemed hopeless at the time but I held on to them. Fast foward a few years. I wanted to get my pops' saw running again but it was in really bad shape from corrosion in the tank and sitting for so long. It hadn't run in probably 20 plus years and only a few parts are readily available like plugs,chain,bar and clutch. This forum gave me the ideas I needed to get what was not available easily. With a few hours of work and many more of reading,searching through threads and gathiering parts it barked to life last week. :) With a few parts from Baileys it can now be part of what I will use to thin the forest I call my yard. I also learned here a modern saw is in order for safety issues that a 30 year old saw cannot provide. I even invested in PPE for myself which I would have never done without the encouragement from Arborsite. Thank you to all who Post in the many forums here. I have and will learn alot.... :cheers:

The saws:
Roper 3.7 (Sears 70's version from My Pops)
Craftsman/ poulan 36cc (freebee from a house the wife and I rehabbed) and I have to say I have beat that thing like a redheaded stepchild.
2.1 craftmans/homelite
Poulan pro 330 ( My first brand new saw)

I know it was long winded but it was asked. (2 weeks ago) :monkey:

Again, Thank You to all who post & sponsor @ Arbor site.

R.Burtcher

I just posted my collection recently. Right now I have 21 saws. Poulan, craftsman, dayton, shindawa, husky, stihl, homelite and dolmar. All run well. Found this site while looking for info on my dads remington mighty mite. Before this site I had my Dolmar and my dads ms 170.

Stihls: 025, 034 and 440. Pioneer P50 (soon to be project saw)

I'm here because I can't think of any other single place that addresses so many topics. This is a great place to gather some useful knowledge.(sometimes after wading through a little BS) Great Site!

runners are in my sig.

also responsibe for babysitting 2-372s, a 362, a 2156, and some others

plus i now have boxes of parts lying around.

been on 'those other sites' where this place was refered to as 'that other site'

im a 7th generation logger forced into utility line clearance to pay the bills til the economy recovers. i try to answer more questions than i ask. and when i spend too much $$$ on saws i blame you guys.

so if somone called pi$$edloggerswife gets on here and starts into hollerin, expect that i wont be around for awhile. (shes really not that bad and i love her to peices.)

Macs: 125Cx2, super 797x2 (one with a 101B kart motor), 73, 890x3, 790, 550 super, 650, super 55A, super 44A, 1-72, G70, titan57, 33B

Homelites: 7-29, 750x6, super 2100, 990G, XP1100, 770G, 707D, super XL12, super EZ

Stihls: 090AV, 090G (137 cc's), 084x2, 076 super, 056 magII

Echos: 1001, 100, 900, 750

Dolmars: 166, CT

Jonsereds: 111S

Poulans: 655BP, SD25A

Husqvarna: 3120

These are the ones that are finished and are ready to use there are probably 100 or more in the shop that are in various stages of projectdom. I joined here initially for the knowledge base, but stayed for the company of some fellas who are of a like mind to mine on topics important to me.

Well the mac 1-72 and super 55A are gone and so is the 7-29 homelite, but I added a homelite 450/craftsman 4.5, a homie 550 another 750 homie and a super2100 homie that is the closest thing to new in the box that I have seen without the box. I have also added another 056 magII, an echo 610 twin and an ultra rare echo 802. So it has been a good six weeks for the collection.

Saws are now in the signature, but why am I here.

Hmmm, it's a long story. Actually, over the years, I've helped freinds & relatives, always ran their saws. When I finally was able to afford one, I bumped into this place. Just this week I ordered chaps & another new saw. Guess I should have left when I was ahead. :dizzy:

Why do I stop by every night ? I learn ..... I laugh ..... and I just enjoy it. Just wish I could add value to the conversations, but I do enjoy listening to the pros !

Wild thing...you make my heart sing...
You make everything
Groovy
I said wild thing...

Wild thing, I think I love you
But I wanna know for sure
Come on, hold me tight
I love you

Wild thing...you make my heart sing...
You make everything
Groovy

My good friend Sheila has a Wild Thing and loves it. Her colorblind Dad bought it on sale, and gave it to her brother who refused to be seen using it. She wants me to make her up a pink chainsaw- with rhinestones....

I used to work on cars in the 70s a lot. Now with newer cars mostly that's just frustrating. The older ones are very rusty or pricey or both by now. It's fun (and done inside) taking a wasted flea market saw and adding few parts and some degreaser and watching it become a nice tool again. It's cool also will vintage saws to work on all these die cast magnesium castings made in America, or all places, and once all over it. One of the differences from 4 stroke engines is saws seem to run pretty well or not at all.

John H.

Last edited:
Had one saw then I found this website. Now I have 24.:hmm3grin2orange::chainsawguy:
Brands: Homelite, Jonsered, Stihl, Mcculloch, Pioneer, Poulan, Echo, Wright, Silver King and Mono. Displacements range from a 26.2cc saw to a 130.7cc saw.

Just joined to find out how to fix a 031 I just bought that was suppose to need a carb adjustment.
I heat exclusively with wood.

I was told by everyone that I needed to get a real saw. So far I can say I hate Stihl because it will not run. I have spent all most as much in parts as the saw cost me.

Saws I have now are
John Deere 60v love it just a little heavy for most firewood.
Poulan Wildthing 2375 I know go ahead laugh but this saw has good power light weight and is 10 years old with very little problems. Lately I have had to make repairs like oiler sprocket handle bar. That's why the Stihl.
Homelite super xl no compression
Mont Wards found it in an old barn just got it running.

Just joined to find out how to fix a 031 I just bought that was suppose to need a carb adjustment.
I heat exclusively with wood.

I was told by everyone that I needed to get a real saw. So far I can say I hate Stihl because it will not run. I have spent all most as much in parts as the saw cost me.

Saws I have now are
John Deere 60v love it just a little heavy for most firewood.
Poulan Wildthing 2375 I know go ahead laugh but this saw has good power light weight and is 10 years old with very little problems. Lately I have had to make repairs like oiler sprocket handle bar. That's why the Stihl.
Homelite super xl no compression
Mont Wards found it in an old barn just got it running.

Welcome to the site. Don't worry, soon you will aquire more saws than you know what to do with... it's highly contagious:)

Thanks! Right now I just want to get this 031 to run. Waiting on a new condenser for it.

Out to the shed now to fix my friends 029 super.

Macs: 125Cx2, super 797x2 (one with a 101B kart motor), 73, 890x3, 790, 550 super, 650, super 55A, super 44A, 1-72, G70, titan57, 33B

Homelites: 7-29, 750x6, super 2100, 990G, XP1100, 770G, 707D, super XL12, super EZ
Stihls: 090AV, 090G (137 cc's), 084x2, 076 super, 056 magII
Echos: 1001, 100, 900, 750

Dolmars: 166, CT

Jonsereds: 111S

Almost forgot the pristine Super 1050 homelite I just picked up and I left out the Poulan 655BP and 245A.

Almost forgot the pristine (beautiful) Super1050 homelite I just picked up.

Poulans: 655BP, SD25A

Husqvarna: 3120

These are the ones that are finished and are ready to use there are probably 100 or more in the shop that are in various stages of projectdom. I joined here initially for the knowledge base, but stayed for the company of some fellas who are of a like mind to mine on topics important to me.

Heres the list with a few updates. Still only the runners. A few are gone and a few are added.
Mac: 125x3, 797x2 (one with 101B), 895, 850
Homelite: S2100x2, 750x8, 650, 550,450 (in craftsman colors), 990G, 990D, S1130, Super1050 707G, 700D
Stihl: 090G (137cc), 090AV (late), 090, 084, 076super, 056magIIx2, 048
Husky: 3120x2, L77
Solo: 603, REX
Poulan: 655BP, 245A
Olympik: 999F
Alpina: 0-70S
Skil: 1690
Mono: AH81
Edit,forgot a few
Echo: 802, 900, 1001, 100
Dolmar: 166, CT
Jonsered: 111S

Last edited:
Remington Tools 16 Inch Electric Chainsaw, but I have modified it to solar power and it screams. :chainsaw: I cut a 3" oak in 4 hours yesterday, which is the only time this month I have had enough sun to power it, but who cares I have no carbon footprint. Well unless you count me driving to get there and then burning wood to cook lunch and I guess you might count the factories that melted and molded the plastic to make it and the four times I sent the solar panel back before I got the right one, but other than that I am 0 emissions.

Last edited:
Back