what got you into saw collecting/hording ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bezza1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
hay guys just wondering what got into saws ???
mine started when i got a little homelite xl2 of eBay the owner put 2 stroke oil in with no fuel and couldn't get it running
then i got another saw and so on until today lol
so let me know how it started for you
Regards
Beren

I've had and run homeowner style chainsaws for more than 40 years but a couple years ago, the local Dolmar dealer gave me a dirty Dolmar111i that he said wouldn't run. I cleaned and repaired it and was so impressed with the way it ran compared with my box store chainsaws that I have not stopped getting the better saws.

Hey Bucco, there is a line between hoarding and collecting, a really fine line that I may have crossed a time or two.......

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

OOps

I started helping a guy I work with cut some wood "Quacker152".

Bought a little Stihl 021 and loved it until I cut with a big saw. Of Course Quacker also told me "bet you can't fix that" and it went to hell from there.

And then there is this Arboristsite that definitely fuels the fire!!!!!

Now I cut and sell wood and got a wood stove this year to heat with.

I blame ArboristSite.com
That's when all the trouble started...

A tornado, almost two years to the day, today. Smash! Tons of oak in the living room..wasn't that special just a few feet from us... Realized I needed *more* saw(s) then my 137 husky..

And a bunker! Don't have one of those yet though...

I got too sick to build houses anymore and had to quit work.

I was bored and decided to fix a smashed 028 that was here....googled "Stihl 028 parts".

The rest is history........

The neighbors talked me into the saw repair nonsense. I blame the collecting business on Mr Bowsaw. You see I got this MAC Super 250 that needed a new carb. Cliff offered to help me out, but then he sent a carb with another mostly complete 250 attached to it. Couldn't let it go to waste, and the madness started....

Via Samsung Galaxy S3

I've written it before on here... a $15 038AV that wouldn't start. Pop got it in a sealed bid auction. A few minutes cleaning up the clutch drum, it fired right up. Years later when deciding I wanted something lighter, but just as strong I latched on to a MS361. Searching something for some reason... I found this site somehow, and well..... The sig line kinda says it all.

That's a lot of saws for one man as a recreational burner, and 130 acres of hunting woods to maintain....

dw

Last edited:
Came to the realization that my 2.3 Homie plastic fantastic wasn't up to the task of 15 acres of Indiana Hardwoods.

Of course it started here, came to do some research on a Husky 61. Never got that saw, but within a month had both a 5100 and 359 in me mitts.

Haven't updated me sig for years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Seems I have always been a collector, started with baseball cards, coins, stamps and Matchbox toys as a kid. As I got older the "treasures" got larger and I once had 25 antique tractors at one time. Already had a dozen saws when I found this site looking for info on how to rebuild a Poulan 3400 I bought new. That saw is still in a box but that does not matter since I have bought 175+ saws since then.

i started with a little homelite xl a little over 2 years ago,, then i found this sight and now i have my own repair shop,, i do a lot of buying and selling myself,, personally i am not a collector,, i have a few work saws that i really like using,,, if it wasn't for AS and all the midgets on here i probably would still be using that little xl :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Cleared trails here and there with my dads 031, bought a house with a wood stove... bought a John Deere 55V from a friend that wouldnt oil the bar, fixed it and thats the last thing I remember :).

Latest posts

Back