What Happens When A Stihlhead Runs A Hot Rod Husqvarna???????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.024 won't cover you if you have a small end issue which was what I was referring to.
Ok thank you for your concern. I'm keeping a close eye on it. Randy and I are keeping in contact about this saw. I thank everyone for your input. By the way I just checked compression again. 228lbs after one tank.

Theres no way to explain how excited I am about this saw.
Getting off a Milwaukee vibrator after 20 miles coming home from work and crankng a masterminded,wigglesworth enriched six sexty with a chain thats fish hook sharp gets real close, and i slung bar oil in your direction for you sliding off the stihl wagon,glad you are liking your saw, now bring it west in october so it can breathe some good air and have a blast:msp_biggrin:

Getting off a Milwaukee vibrator after 20 miles coming home from work and crankng a masterminded,wigglesworth enriched six sexty with a chain thats fish hook sharp gets real close, and i slung bar oil in your direction for you sliding off the stihl wagon,glad you are liking your saw, now bring it west in october so it can breathe some good air and have a blast:msp_biggrin:
Im not off the wagon , just in love with this 395. I will have it there in October for sure.:msp_wink:

Im not off the wagon , just in love with this 395. I will have it there in October for sure.:msp_wink:
Thats great, i should be retired by then, i have developed an air freshener that smells like bel-ray, hickory smoke,and bacon, should be a hit by then and no more time clock. Additional scents and shapes coming soon and any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thats great, i should be retired by then, i have developed an air freshener that smells like bel-ray, hickory smoke,and bacon, should be a hit by then and no more time clock. Additional scents and shapes coming soon and any suggestions greatly appreciated.
How about freshly cut pine?

I am jealous... I get frustrated while cutting firewood with my STOCK 395

and my back gets a little sore too.

View attachment 249469

Can someone please help port this Husqvarna?

:)

What a place to drop a big ass tree! Slip up there and the new house is badly damaged.

249469d1345524409-dead-fir-sudden-valley-2010-jpg

On the Husqvarna........I know this guy....... :)

As far as compression goes........when you couple slick port work, and a few other little tricks with big compression you end up with an engine that is extreme in the amount of torque it makes......that my friends is a fact.

Is this a great idea on a saw that will be used every day in a work setting......probably not.

David was more interested in a saw that he could take to a GTG and run a 9 or 10 pin on........but he also wanted to be able to strap on a 32" bar and a 7 or 8 pin and buck up a big log. This is what we came up with.

On most of the dedicated work saws I build the compression tops out at 200psi or less. Though for all out performance I'm a firm believer in compression as a torque multiplier. I learned that a long time ago while building SBC engines for drag racing.....

What a place to drop a big ass tree! Slip up there and the new house is badly damaged.

As far as compression goes........when you couple slick port work, and a few other little tricks with big compression you end up with an engine that is extreme in the amount of torque it makes......that my friends is a fact.

Is this a great idea on a saw that will be used every day in a work setting......probably not.

David was more interested in a saw that he could take to a GTG and run a 9 or 10 pin on........but he also wanted to be able to strap on a 32" bar and a 7 or 8 pin and buck up a big log. This is what we came up with.

On most of the dedicated work saws I build the compression tops out at 200psi or less. Though for all out performance I'm a firm believer in compression as a torque multiplier. I learned that a long time ago while building SBC engines for drag racing.....
I will test that out tommorrow . My 32" will not be in until thursday so it looks like Ill be running a 8 pin with my 28" Tech Lite.

Yep, if you don't squeeze it, it won't run to it's capabilities........

Bone to pick with Randy

Every saw Randy's done for me has the same issue...so DAMN LOUD!:hmm3grin2orange:13 Pages of foreplay and no friggin video.Mr.Rolltide ,you should be flogged with a whip made out of sawchain.:msp_mad:eek:r not.

Every saw Randy's done for me has the same issue...so DAMN LOUD!:hmm3grin2orange:13 Pages of foreplay and no friggin video.Mr.Rolltide ,you should be flogged with a whip made out of sawchain.:msp_mad:eek:r not.

Loud is Awesome!! Hope my 660 has some growl when it gets back.

I just got caught up on this thread and am on the edge of my seat for video... PLEASE make a video. I want to hear it idle too!

Did about 6 hours of work w/ my new 372XP (X-torq model) this past weekend and I think it's waking up. It just tachs up nice and high and rips through everything I threw at it (mostly small maple, oak, and pine -- helping a neighbor clear an area of his lot). Blows the doors off my 262XP but that saw is tired too. Would love it if Mastermind could go through it... Brad Snelling had recommended him since the saw isn't new. I want to have a pro restore that saw to the best condition it can be in and then return it to my brother as a gift since he gave me the saw so I had something good to cut with before getting the 372XP.

I just got caught up on this thread and am on the edge of my seat for video... PLEASE make a video. I want to hear it idle too!

Did about 6 hours of work w/ my new 372XP (X-torq model) this past weekend and I think it's waking up. It just tachs up nice and high and rips through everything I threw at it (mostly small maple, oak, and pine -- helping a neighbor clear an area of his lot). Blows the doors off my 262XP but that saw is tired too. Would love it if Mastermind could go through it... Brad Snelling had recommended him since the saw isn't new. I want to have a pro restore that saw to the best condition it can be in and then return it to my brother as a gift since he gave me the saw so I had something good to cut with before getting the 372XP.

We do that stuff ya know. :msp_thumbup:

Please everyone readIM MAKING A VIDEO TOMMORROW WHILE IM OFF WORK. I WILL POST IT TOMMORROW NIGHT.RANDY IS THE BUILDER HERE GO AFTER HIM FOR NOT HAVING ANY BIG WOOD.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back