What have you added to your arsenal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a DHT 22 ton splitter not too far back from Lowes. Flipped a couple BR600s and have 3 1127 saws to flip to fund it. Been pretty set on saws lately, pretty happy with my 7 saw plan.

Seven saw plan? I like the sound of that!

image.jpg
Here's an early 046 that just came home from Tennessee.image.jpg
And I picked this up a couple months back, but just got around to replacing the clutch springs, sprocket and muffler. If I can get it oiling right now, its about ready to go into service. Couple others too, but no pics yet so... They ain't worth talking about.

Just this week I just picked up 3 stihl 20" chains, 3 stihl 25" chains, a raker gauge, and an 09' Cat 252b2 with 300 hours on it.

Fox coil over leveling kit and matching rear shocks on Thursday along with Zone upper control arms, brakes and a hitch. 85000 on a 2012 ram......dammit man.2014-10-08-12-26-01_AATSC.jpg

Kevin, make sure you don't get bar oil on those wedges. I have some echo ones that look the same and had a real close call hammering them in when 2 flew out of the cut and the tree fell the opposite way. I knew there was oil on them but didn't think they would slip.

Thanks for the heads up. Did yours have the raised bumps on the backside like these?

MVC-001S_12.JPG

MVC-002S_8.JPG

Is there a better brand out there? I figured Labonville would have good stuff.

The 268 wearing that stihl 20" is my favorite saw. That thing really rips. It was my first Husqvarna and I have two stills that are gonna head out the door.

The bar adapters from Homelite make it easy to switch bars too

Stilh 084/42" bar, on the other end of the scale Echo cs370 ( pics will have to wait). Massey Ferguson 1230 compact tractor and loader. On top of that a massive scrounge limited only by ingenuity to get some of the huge rounds loaded ( can't bring in equipment)- We got that figured out Sat using chains, straps, ramps and a com-a-long- going to switch to a powered winch today.

Kevin, yup they look the same as those. They are all likely made by the same company, I like the wedges and never had an issue with them before. I don't use wedges a lot and was playing around trying to direct trees were I wanted them to fall and not in the direction they were leaning. It was a 20" ash that was pretty dry, I was hammering in with my hatchet and pow both wedges shot out the back and the tree fell the opposite way. Wetter wood might have been fine but ash is pretty dry so I figure the little raised notches didn't dig in much and the oil helped slide things along.

I have never had that happen with wedges. I'm glad I know to keep that in mind.

Latest posts

Back