What is your "crown jewel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching this thread for a while, and thinking about my saws. My first favorite was the old beauty 610 mac. Some time later it was an 056 stihl, then the 2165 jred, then the big loud sp125c, next came the screamin modified 2171 followed closely by the little 2153. There were saws in between these, but they were like one night stands, the lust faded quickly. I guess if I were to have to give up all but one of them right now, I'd have to keep the 125 because it would be the most difficult to replace. I could just go buy any of the others whenever I wanted to, if I had the money. If the 2171 disappears like some think it will, then I'd keep it too. No wait, I said if I could keep only 1? On and on it goes.

Definitely not these.

daily-randomness-cookie-11.jpg

Nothing special, just a bone stock 044. Dead nuts reliable, it kept the wolf from my door for a while.

Thanks TR for doing my pics for me, Im a bit of a dunce with a computer.
Carl yes it runs very well and they are most common in green as they along with the BLK then the 045 were a saw issued to the German army. Belgian has a nice one with I think all it's military gear ?
Ric I did a couple of vids but I can't seem to post them ?
This saw has only been running three times since it was produced in 1963 and only cut timber when I got it.

New Jewel?

Well, apparently the saw gods have smiled on me. I must have earned some good karma running that 029 all day yesterday. This arrived in a box while I was out cutting. I don't think the wife was quite as amused as I am....

Maybe not the crown jewel, but certainly a jewel. Anyone know what this is?

This is the side that will identify it.
attachment.php

Came with 2 loops of 1/2" chain also, but sadly only one is good enough to use

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have no idea what it is, but looks cool.

I love getting a box in the mail the size of a saw, even if I know its comming and what it is.

These aren't my best, but they are a few of my favorites that I actually have images of. They have only been fired at the factory.

262xp_1.jpg

038_MAGNUM.jpg

Well, apparently the saw gods have smiled on me. I must have earned some good karma running that 029 all day yesterday. This arrived in a box while I was out cutting. I don't think the wife was quite as amused as I am....

Maybe not the crown jewel, but certainly a jewel. Anyone know what this is?

This is the side that will identify it.
attachment.php

Nice saw.;) Looks like a Lancaster.

Latest posts

Back