What is your "crown jewel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite sure which one my "jewel" is, but could never part with my 064, 031, 056, or 372 (sentimental reasons). From a collection standpoint, I really love the Homelite 540/8800- JD 550CS models. I dont have any good pics of the JD, but will try to find a couple of the 540...

Pair of my favorites. Enjoy showing them although most people are less than impressed.
4be2df26-b5f7-9762.jpg

You impressed me Mitch. Nice pair.

Speaking of nice pairs, this pair is special to me and like you said it might not impress most as they dont realize this might be the only pair of these in the US. There also Partner/Pioneer era saws and have the gray handles as such but they only say Partner on them as there from Europe.

A Partner 5500H and a Partner 540.

attachment.php

Very nice, Mark. I hadn't seen those yet. This sight is just to big lol.

Not quite sure which one my "jewel" is, but could never part with my 064, 031, 056, or 372 (sentimental reasons). From a collection standpoint, I really love the Homelite 540/8800- JD 550CS models. I dont have any good pics of the JD, but will try to find a couple of the 540...

Once a jewel, only 2 tanks since new:

PioneerP-20Poulan361002.jpg

What it looks like today:

BrokenHomelite540005.jpg

BrokenHomelite540008.jpg

This late model ProMac 10-10s is pretty nice:

Mac10-10S010.jpg

I gots nuttin

Well, I don't have any saws I am particularly proud of or that others would find interesting. Just tools. I guess it's like a tool box of Craftsman wrenches, nothing special but get the job done. A while back a thread asked what saw you would never part with. I don't have any of those either. Someday I'll get something cool and become attached to it. maybe...

my kita 6401 with a 28" bar i love it won't sell it the wife bought it for me.. but my 272XP with a 34" hanging off it the previous owner was nice enough to take all the new off it i was cutting the trunk of a cottonwood in town i found out later the noise make a kid hide and cry:laugh:

i would have to say my favorite is my dads 041 farmboss he bought new in 1977or78 i can't remember,we have cut tons of firewood with it and the only thing he has had to repair was the oiler and replaced the condenser,he also still has the original manual and the original 20''duro bar that it came with my ms460 is my second favorite it is the first brand new saw i have purchased and it runs like a beast with the aussie muffler installed and some coaching on tuning from Brad S! and i still haven't figured this picture attachment process out yet!one of these days i might

Last edited:
Photo0240.jpg

Photo0146.jpg

Photo0071.jpg

To start this little Orline Mark II-D, then my minty Poulan 4900, also my McCulloch 2-10G.

Then the crown of the collection Homelite 995G
995G004.jpg

I also have a few Poulan 8500's but they need cleaned up for photo's

This one is my jewel. I have a really nice 28" roller-nose Oregon bar on it now.
Yeah, I do cut with it (on special occasions). ;)

clean1.jpg

Last edited:
This one is mine, it doesn't look like much but with the woods port I gave it it sure does surprise people out in the woods:
120sifinal057.jpg

Latest posts

Back