What is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

• 044/440

Votes: 95 50.5%
  • 372xp

Votes: 74 39.4%

Votes: 19 10.1%

• Total voters

2000ssm6

Stihl User
Reaction score
Troll pushed me to this guys, blame him:jester: . I was going to put the 2171 and 372 in the same pick but then I thought of manny and woodie:biggrinbounce2:

Base your choice on perfromance, longevity, and reliability!!!

Troll pushed me to this guys, blame him:jester: . I was going to put the 2171 and 372 in the same pick but then I thought of manny and woodie:biggrinbounce2:

Base your choice on perfromance, longevity, and reliability!!!
You should put the 7900 in there also, eventhough its a tad larger than the rest in displacement.

The 440 of course,do they even make anything else in that class?..Oh yeah wait,the 460...You should have listed the 460.It's a 70cc class saw as well.

Aight boys I wanted a fair comparison, the 7900 and 460 while being bad azz saws are a little too big in cc's for my test...:biggrinbounce2:

Sorry, it's my first poll:cheers:

044/MS440 summa cum laude

I have said it before,

The 044 is a saw that in years to come will be spoken about in legend.

I would venture to say that the 044/MS440 series is responsible for more board feet than any other 70cc saw.

Last edited:
But what if I said that the 372 is a paragon of design excellence, and the 2171 is an underengineered piece of poo....would you think I was just stirring stuff up? :notrolls2: :hmm3grin2orange:

I guess I'll just take one of each please. It's the AS way.

Mark

But what if I said that the 372 is a paragon of design excellence, and the 2171 is an underengineered piece of poo....would you think I was just stirring stuff up?

Of course not.

But I would think you would need to give your meds some additional stirring... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

2000 I hope you know this pole means nothing
as there are more stihl guys than husky's more
does not mean better just so you know and
don't get a balloon head.372xp is my favorite
and I am sticking to it!

More Stihl guys 'cause saws like the 044 get more people to buy more MS440s which causes there to be more Stihl guys which causes...oh you know what I'm getting at...:cheers:

How about...

DSCN0286.JPG

No need......

No need for any recounts or re-recounts. No hanging chads nor voter intimidation....
......you know it's going to be the 440.:biggrinbounce2:

The 440 will win, and no crying about stolen elections!;)

Mitch

Back