What is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

• 044/440

Votes: 95 50.5%
  • 372xp

Votes: 74 39.4%

Votes: 19 10.1%

• Total voters
Just don't see that may Huskies around nor dealers in this area. See lots a trucks with Stihls, Stihl hats every where, Stihl suspenders. Just a real world observation around here. Well I turned the fan on it lets see what hits it.:popcorn:

Well don't feel bad, your just stating what you see in your area. I'm sure in some areas of the country Husky rules. However if you really want to see something unreal all across the whole country go to your local firehouse and look on the trucks. You will find more 044's and 460 Rescue saws than you can imagine.

Well don't feel bad, your just stating what you see in your area. I'm sure in some areas of the country Husky rules. However if you really want to see something unreal all across the whole country go to your local firehouse and look on the trucks. You will find more 044's and 460 Rescue saws than you can imagine.

Does the fire department in each area buy their saws independantly, or as a collective? You know, bulk discount.

Just don't see that may Huskies around nor dealers in this area. See lots a trucks with Stihls, Stihl hats every where, Stihl suspenders. Just a real world observation around here. Well I turned the fan on it lets see what hits it.:popcorn:

I hope it was a BIG fan.

Does the fire department in each area buy their saws independantly, or as a collective? You know, bulk discount.

They buy whatever they want, price has nothing to do with it. To them its lives on the line and price is no object. I love doing buisness with them because its always a $5000.00 order or better. Last order I did with the fire company was $12,000.00 and they never batted a eye.

Jonsered 2095

Not to discount what you was saying about bulk discounts, your right partly on that. I ran a serial number on a MS360 a few weeks ago. Was trying to find out where the saw came from. To my surprize it was bought by DC Public Schools. The real surprizing part is that they bought 100 at one time. I'm sure they got a big discount for buying that many. I sure would have loved to got that sale, thats a right big slew of saws, about $56,000 worth, thats a big sale for one customer..

Ours all buy Independantly.

They buy whatever they want, price has nothing to do with it. To them its lives on the line and price is no object. I love doing buisness with them because its always a $5000.00 order or better. Last order I did with the fire company was $12,000.00 and they never batted a eye.

Really! Wow, I would have thought a large department would have its budget allocated from higher up with some sort of finacial arangement maybe even behind the scenes.

To be able to sell a product (any product) to such a high profile body would be a huge advantage over the competition. Especially as you say THall, its their lives on the line - best advertising I can think of. Very suggestive of we only buy the best because the rest won't cut it without having to say a word.

Not to discount what you was saying about bulk discounts, your right partly on that. I ran a serial number on a MS360 a few weeks ago. Was trying to find out where the saw came from. To my surprize it was bought by DC Public Schools. The real surprizing part is that they bought 100 at one time. I'm sure they got a big discount for buying that many. I sure would have loved to got that sale, thats a right big slew of saws, about $56,000 worth, thats a big sale for one customer..

Whoops, you beat me to the punch. Thats is my point.

:cheers:

Are you saying some places saws are used for sawing wood and other places they are used for fun??????

Nah I know there are Pro husky users here. Just that of all the people I know personally and watching what saws are being used it is just soooooooo lopsided towards Stihl. Lake or Gary correct me if I am making this up.
I think to find Husky dealer around here requires more research which would tend to cause more guys looking for Huskies to find this site.

What did ya expect for a newbie?????????? poll maker?????:censored:

its his pole,,,,,he's makin the rules!!!!!!:monkey: looks like your hosed Scott!!!!!!!:dizzy:

I will have a better poll next time, with more options. Not to bash Dolmar but there sales don't hold a candle to the others. I think they have the best 50cc out now but just not a known name.:(

I cast my vote for the 044/440 ,good saw.The 038 Mag II is a classic in it's own rights.I've got a Mac Titan 70 [1990] that will hang with an 044 but it isn't on the pole .

I can't help but wonder what if! Mac was still a American company and making saws if everyone would turn there back on them and buy the saws from Europe or stick with the Mac's. I know a bit off topic but hell everything ends up that way here! I own 3 Mac's and very happy with them sure they are old and shake like hell but what if they came up with good anti vibe system and made them user friendly{ although I find them the most user friendly of all my saw's}But for now I will only buy saw's made in Sweden or Germany hell they make the best cars on the road how hard would it be to make a saw!:monkey:
Now I know All you Ford guy's will get upset, and Gm guy's will think about it twice, and Dodge guy's just don't give a dam.:popcorn:

I think many will skip the 7300 and go for the 7900, therefore not a option. I would also think that the 7900 would get more votes than the 2171 though...

Many will skip the 044 and go straight for the 066 also, yet you've listed the 044. Dolmar may not be known in your fishbowl, but here in the real world (arkansas), there's a dealer in most towns. You need, at the very least, a category for "other."

Many will skip the 044 and go straight for the 066 also, yet you've listed the 044.

Yeah, and many will skip the 2171/372 and go straight for a harvester machine, yet he listed the 2171/372.

Next time you need to list "harvester machine" when you do a 70cc-saw poll 2K...

Back