What is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

• 044/440

Votes: 95 50.5%
  • 372xp

Votes: 74 39.4%

Votes: 19 10.1%

• Total voters
2000 I hope you know this pole means nothing
as there are more stihl guys than husky's more
does not mean better just so you know and
don't get a balloon head.372xp is my favorite
and I am sticking to it!

Whateva Rope. There are some professionals on here like yourself. Maybe I should have left the voters public so you could see. My point is that the 044/440 has earned it's spot as king of the 70cc, despite it's less air filtration system, less antivibe, and other BS. Don't take this poll as a bash, it's all in fun/facts.

Unless Tommie still has his 372 next time I'm at training, I'll stick with the 440;)

I see your opinions and agree that Stihl and Husky sell a bunch of saws. Now sales volume could relate here. If a logger/homeowner/arborist buy's either saw(or both) and thinks that saw will do everything they need then the case is closed....

I know the 044/372 has been debated for awhile but the Stihl is just a proven peice of what works. It does work very well and that's why it made itself such a big key in the wood game.

I see your opinions and agree that Stihl and Husky sell a bunch of saws. Now sales volume could relate here. If a logger/homeowner/arborist buy's either saw(or both) and thinks that saw will do everything they need then the case is closed....

I know the 044/372 has been debated for awhile but the Stihl is just a proven peice of what works. It does work very well and that's why it made itself such a big key in the wood game.

I think it is preference.

The right tool for the right job... but when there are two or more equal to the task... preference.

I thought the 440 was replaced by the 441 and the 372 was replaced by the 575???

The Poll should read

MS441
PS7300/7900

Steve

Last edited:

I thought the 440 was replaced by the 441 and the 372 was replaced by the 575???

The Poll should read

MS441
7300/7900

Steve

The 2171 is in although it only has a different handle.

The 7300 could have been included...........

The 441/575 have not been out as long as the others, the 441 wins now.

Just because more people buy doen't mean more people like it. Goin out on a limb here but i am guessing "AS" has a disproportionately high number of husky users compared to real world at least here in the PNW which could skew the results.

Just because more people buy doen't mean more people like it. Goin out on a limb here but i am guessing "AS" has a disproportionately high number of husky users compared to real world at least here in the PNW which could skew the results.

Are you saying some places saws are used for sawing wood and other places they are used for fun??????

Just don't see that may Huskies around nor dealers in this area. See lots a trucks with Stihls, Stihl hats every where, Stihl suspenders. Just a real world observation around here. Well I turned the fan on it lets see what hits it.:popcorn:

Latest posts

Back