What is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

• 044/440

Votes: 95 50.5%
  • 372xp

Votes: 74 39.4%

Votes: 19 10.1%

• Total voters
People do this when they don't want a stump left........And I can drop a tree where ever you like.

You picking on Dolmars now??

People around here cut the tree down first. (safty first)
leave the stump high, then use a back hoe.

I have been pulling stumps all summer long with my Kubota.

Not picking on Do-mars, That 7900 is a good saw.
I have always said Germany still makes the best beer. (Almost)

Hey Manny what model of Jred is this?
attachment.php

:looser: :looser: :looser:

Manual you look 20 years younger without that beard. Shave that thing off man, ya look better without it!!!!!!

The best beer is a debate all of its own. The PNW and the NE people know what I am talking about. The PNW people are spoiled.

LOL, Just trying to keep Sawtroll from correcting me.

He already has the jump on the new 346xp vrs the 2153 by .2 lbs GRRRRR is right

Really,LOLOLOLOL, that Sawtroll, details.

You round those numbers off, I'll take care of Sawtroll, I know how to handle that ole geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezer, opppppppps,LOL

Manual you look 20 years younger without that beard. Shave that thing off man, ya look better without it!!!!!!

Looks like I am going to have to put some new pics out.

Well when I was young. LOL
Hey I got a good size Oak to Knock down in the morning. I'll see about posting some pics.

BTW, This thread is supposed to be about 70cc saws.

Looks like I am going to have to put some new pics out.

Well when I was young. LOL
Hey I got a good size Oak to Knock down in the morning. I'll see about posting some pics.

BTW, This thread is supposed to be about 70cc saws.

Well don't take me wrong, you aint a bad looking ole geezer,opppppps,LOL
You do look much younger with all that fuzz on ya chin though.

Post some pics tomorrow. I wanna see chips flying and a clean cut Manual, deal?

The best beer is a debate all of its own. The PNW and the NE people know what I am talking about. The PNW people are spoiled.

Yea they are I seen some of the beer they have out there.

Good beer, big trees, long bars, big dogs, fair weather.
the whole place is over rated.
serves them right to log on 60 degree inclines.

Well don't take me wrong, you aint a bad looking ole geezer,opppppps,LOL
You do look much younger with all that fuzz on ya chin though.

Post some pics tomorrow. I wanna see chips flying and a clean cut Manual, deal?

Ya got it, Guess I need to get my beauty rest

Ya got it, Guess I need to get my beauty rest

Fair enuff, your better half will love ya silly for shaving off those wiskers. Topping that buy Joe I'll shave too and pop a few pics of chips flying with both the 372 and 440. Niters ole feller..

Yes, But Sawtroll would not approve. 10.75 is where the poll is standing at as of now.

Well I'm figuring he and Witchy both voted for the 372 so he's not too worried about the J'reds. Detail, yes he does have a eye for specs, no question about that. Gotta give him credit though, he has the specs on all saws, good for him,:clap: :clap:

10.18% now.....

....and Witchy hasn't voted so far......:yoyo: :yoyo:

Now the 2095 is what in the Husky line up, the 395??? I can't keep up with all those numbers, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

close, However Jonsered only makes a 2186= 385xp=ms460

the 2095 was interduced in 1993 and I don't know when the last one was made. it would be in the same class as the ms660 and the 395

The 2095 is not a Husqy.

It is the last of the Partner styled anti vibe system models [20xx series]. Bore and stroke are the same as the 395, but the power band is tuned for milling - 4.5kw@8200rpm. Fat and flat.

Discontinued around 2003 [got mine just before they disappeared].

Oh...... and the Jonsered is red & black... the Husqy is orange.
Keeping it simple for the Stihl folk.:p :p

Just do that, if you want less power and more weight - same goes for Manny........:yoyo: :yoyo:

But if you think about it, especially on the power issue, it's not really possible. Same P&C, turning the same crank, breathing through the same carb and muffler, must have the same power output. You simply can't draw any other conclusion.

Do these testing companies test several saws of the same model, or just one of each? I suspect that some of the discrepancies is these tests are similar to when car magazines test different examples of the same model car and come up with different 0 to 60 times and such.

What is that 12" DBH? This is the ideal situation for a Poulan: residential, small tree, and a wide open run away path.

I really could care less about the DBH, it is hard enough to give that stuff away as firewood. Those sweetgums drop golf ball sized nuts that reek hell on my mower. Everyone of them in the cutting area is coming down.

Safey is first here also. If the tree has no lean then 2 sides are dug and then pushed over. This method is so much easier on equipment. I'm not sure what size Kubota you have. I have a Kobleco TLK760(same as Terex 760). I had a oak last year that was about 4 feet at the base. It was so close to the house I called a pro to block it down(he used a 361 for the whole job too). While trying to push that stump out it fell back on the front end a gave me a nice dent.....I had to call the neighbor for his frontend loader to push it into my "hole of waste".

So I have pushed about 125 trees over since then and no mistakes yet, you must know you and your tractor's limits..........:cheers:

Back