What is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

• 044/440

Votes: 95 50.5%
  • 372xp

Votes: 74 39.4%

Votes: 19 10.1%

• Total voters
There is no doubt which is the best since Virginia is my home.

BTW.....DRINK VIRGINIA WINE

Safey is first here also. If the tree has no lean then 2 sides are dug and then pushed over. This method is so much easier on equipment. I'm not sure what size Kubota you have. I have a Kobleco TLK760(same as Terex 760). I had a oak last year that was about 4 feet at the base. It was so close to the house I called a pro to block it down(he used a 361 for the whole job too). While trying to push that stump out it fell back on the front end a gave me a nice dent.....I had to call the neighbor for his frontend loader to push it into my "hole of waste".

So I have pushed about 125 trees over since then and no mistakes yet, you must know you and your tractor's limits..........:cheers:

My Kubota is a 30 horse. Kind of small for what I am doing.
Digging stumps out.
I know what you mean about the stumps rolling back into your tractor.
I been there and am still doing that. Grrrrrrrrr.
My grill is pushed in. Good thing it's metal, I'll be giving My tractor TLC this winter, Along with my disc. (hooked it on a tree).

Well spent quality time with the family, Now I need to unload the truck of firewood from yesterday.
Then get out in the woods, I take some pics for ya to show you that you can use a saw for more then a Door stop. LOL

But if you think about it, especially on the power issue, it's not really possible. Same P&C, turning the same crank, breathing through the same carb and muffler, must have the same power output. You simply can't draw any other conclusion.

Do these testing companies test several saws of the same model, or just one of each? I suspect that some of the discrepancies is these tests are similar to when car magazines test different examples of the same model car and come up with different 0 to 60 times and such.

See my reply on a different thread:

http://new.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=770124&postcount=44

2K, he said after you pull out your JONSERED, not your JOHNSON!

I'm not surprised to hear you get that reaction, though...they get to laughin' so hard they boot all over themselves...

leave it to a Michigander, to catch on to what I was saying.:laugh:

Nobody caught on to that last night.

Just do that, if you want less power and more weight - same goes for Manny........:yoyo: :yoyo:

But if you think about it, especially on the power issue, it's not really possible. Same P&C, turning the same crank, breathing through the same carb and muffler, must have the same power output. You simply can't draw any other conclusion.

Do these testing companies test several saws of the same model, or just one of each? I suspect that some of the discrepancies is these tests are similar to when car magazines test different examples of the same model car and come up with different 0 to 60 times and such.

Take it from me guys,

Sawtroll will not back down. It's the Viking in him. ;)

Take it from me guys,

Sawtroll will not back down. It's the Viking in him. ;)

Hmmm.. must be my problem too. After the Vikings raped and pillaged their way across England, and left their damned red headed genes behind, ... a few hundred years later I came along.... :monkey:

leave it to a Michigander, to catch on to what I was saying.:laugh:

Nobody caught on to that last night.

I started reading from where I left off yesterday, then I came across your post, and 2K's response. As I was replying, I was worrying my reply was going to be a repeat of someone else's that I hadn't read yet.

I can't believe nobody caught it.

Hmmm.. must be my problem too. After the Vikings raped and pillaged their way across England, and left their damned red headed genes behind, ... a few hundred years later I came along.... :monkey:

There...there's...there's soooooo much I want to say here... :D

two words

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: SORE LOOSERS:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

More action pictures, this one’s my favorite. Hey Gypo, get that 372 out, we want more shots!!!:rockn: :jawdrop: :popcorn:

I really could care less about the DBH, it is hard enough to give that stuff away as firewood. Those sweetgums drop golf ball sized nuts that reek hell on my mower. Everyone of them in the cutting area is coming down.

Get a bigger Mower :clap: :givebeer:

Mine has no problems accomodating :censored: "golf ball sized nuts" :censored:

2K: 'Sweetgums' Mmmm,,mmmMM..... They make my :censored: :censored: drop. I believe the term is 'going down' :greenchainsaw: although your wording is approriate too :hmm3grin2orange:

Mine has no problems accomodating :censored: "golf ball sized nuts" :censored:

2K: 'Sweetgums' Mmmm,,mmmMM..... They make my :censored: :censored: drop. I believe the term is 'going down' :greenchainsaw: although your wording is approriate too :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL! The mower is a 5 ft. Frontier pulled by a 790 Deere. At dusk you can see some cool fireworks come out when the balls are flying:dizzy:

Back