What is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

• 044/440

Votes: 95 50.5%
  • 372xp

Votes: 74 39.4%

Votes: 19 10.1%

• Total voters
You cut cookies with those high reving things? What I'm saying is do you use your saws for real work?
I haven't cut in a couple of years, but used to cut wood for two good sized households. I preferred the big trees, 18"-28,' and I would quarter them by cutting with the grain with the 394. Incidentally, those 5 inch long curly fries make excellent fire starters.

You don't remember when they bought Musky/Jred. You know when all the old fashioned dealers went to crap? Oh, the truth hurts eh???:biggrinbounce2:

The question was "what do they have to do with Husky?"

And I answered correctly...they currently have absolutely nothing to do with Husky.

The question was "what do they have to do with Husky?"

And I answered correctly...they currently have absolutely nothing to do with Husky.

Now this is gonna be tricky Woodie. So if Elux bought Husky/J'red in 1978 and now they have nothing to do with them just who did Elux sell Husky/Jred to, surely they didn't just give them away, hmmmmmmmmmmm?????

Well if the 044 and MS440, which are technically 2 different models, can be added together, then we can combine the scores of the 2171/372, can we not?

Therefore we have a clear winner.:popcorn:

The 044/440 are just like the 026/260 same crank, same cylinder....Just a decomp valve in the 440. A decomp can be added to the 044 I believe...

Now this is gonna be tricky Woodie. So if Elux bought Husky/J'red in 1978 and now they have nothing to do with them just who did Elux sell Husky/Jred to, surely they didn't just give them away, hmmmmmmmmmmm?????

Nope. They "sold" it to their shareholders. Electrolux split off Husky by simply issuing new shares to their existing Electrolux shareholders based on the value at the time.

The following is from the Husqvarna website 'splaining the whole thing.

http://corporate.husqvarna.com/files/press/husqvarna/broschyr_en.pdf

Now, this contains some numbers, and of course that leads to math, and I know how you Stihl boys are with math, so if you need any help with any of it, Tommy, I'm sure one of us helpful Jred/Husky boys can 'splain it to you.

'Member to ask nicely! :)

Last edited:
One other thing, Tommy...be sure to spit out them crow bones...they can choke you.

I hear...

want some fries with that whine?

Nope. They "sold" it to their shareholders. Electrolux split off Husky by simply issuing new shares to their existing Electrolux shareholders based on the value at the time.

The following is from the Husqvarna website 'splaining the whole thing.

http://corporate.husqvarna.com/files/press/husqvarna/broschyr_en.pdf

Now, this contains some numbers, and of course that leads to math, so if you need any help with any of it, Tommy, I'm sure one of us helpful Jred/Husky boys can 'splain it to you.

'Member to ask nicely! :)

So what made the dealers go to crap? Internet sales? Lowe's selling a product they have no clue how to operate much less fix?

So what made the dealers go to crap? Internet sales? Lowe's selling a product they have no clue how to operate much less fix?

I can't rightly say.

But what I WILL say is that the Husky dealers in my area are quite qood, and that goes without saying for the Jred dealers.

Stihl, on the other hand...not so good. I understand they just issued a dealership to an ice-cream store. Said something about Get All Kinds of Creamsicles Here!!!

Those crazy marketers...

I can't rightly say.

But what I WILL say is that the Husky dealers in my area are quite qood, and that goes without saying for the Jred dealers.

Stihl, on the other hand...not so good. I understand they just issued a dealership to an ice-cream store. Said something about Get All Kinds of Creamsicles Here!!!

Those crazy marketers...

Tell me the secret about seeing when the BS is flowing out of your eyes? My local dealer has the 455 rancher as their biggest saw, LOL. It's $50 higher than the lowes across the street, darn there goes my dealer support.

Do I want to drive 1 hour to Amicks or Biscoe(Jred) for a saw that I know will not preform any better than my creamsicles? NO:buttkick:

Tell me the secret about seeing when the BS is flowing out of your eyes? My local dealer has the 455 rancher as their biggest saw, LOL. It's $50 higher than the lowes across the street, darn there goes my dealer support.

Do I want to drive 1 hour to Amicks or Biscoe(Jred) for a saw that I know will not preform any better than my creamsicles? NO:buttkick:

So, now what I'm hearing here is that you and I actually live in different areas...am I getting that right? :buttkick:

Yep, to each his own:clap:

You bout ready for a few crows to get shoved down yer throat?:hmm3grin2orange:

HAH! You couldn't shove a crow down my throat on the shovingest day of your life with an electric crow-shoving machine! (Thanks Homer...) :greenchainsaw:

I love the fact that Tommy's gone missing...prolly still reading that prospectus I linked him to...he's choking over terms like "stock distribution" and "fair market value"...

Come on back, Tommy...you can just look at the pretty pictures and take my word for it... :D

HAH! You couldn't shove a crow down my throat on the shovingest day of your life with an electric crow-shoving machine! (Thanks Homer...) :greenchainsaw:

I love the fact that Tommy's gone missing...prolly still reading that prospectus I linked him to...he's choking over terms like "stock distribution" and "fair market value"...

Come on back, Tommy...you can just look at the pretty pictures and take my word for it... :D

Why do you have a star under your picture and I don't. Also, where do I get one.

Maybe you better head to off topic Brian; at least my poll included Homelite. If you included one in this poll, Homelite would win. :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL! That was a good one, considering who it came from. So if you don't want crow down yer pipe anymore tonight what shall it be? I have a good guess:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back