What is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favorite modern 70cc saw?

• 044/440

Votes: 95 50.5%
  • 372xp

Votes: 74 39.4%

Votes: 19 10.1%

• Total voters
Maybe you better head to off topic Brian; at least my poll included Homelite. If you included one in this poll, Homelite would win. :hmm3grin2orange:

Homelite is no more in this day and time, they made beast's back long ago but went to crap like the others:cheers:

Put the 023/230 or 200T in your 40cc poll and see who wins:hmm3grin2orange:

Nope. They "sold" it to their shareholders. Electrolux split off Husky by simply issuing new shares to their existing Electrolux shareholders based on the value at the time.

The following is from the Husqvarna website 'splaining the whole thing.

http://corporate.husqvarna.com/files/press/husqvarna/broschyr_en.pdf

Now, this contains some numbers, and of course that leads to math, and I know how you Stihl boys are with math, so if you need any help with any of it, Tommy, I'm sure one of us helpful Jred/Husky boys can 'splain it to you.

'Member to ask nicely! :)

And their stock performance in case you're wondering. You think the big box store Poo-lan returns are killing them?

attachment.php

Had a quick gander at Firehouse Forums

Here's the Topic:

Best Roof Ventilation Tool?

Here's a couple of posts:

Have used a lot of different combinations, and have observed a lot of different combinations...For chainsaws, the absolute, best, no questions asked saw out there is the Cutters Edge- I forget the model number. It uses a Husqvarna motor, specially "tweaked" for fire dept use, and also has additional air filtration so that the motor does not "choke" in hostile environments. With this, purchase the BULLET chain. The reason the person in the previous post had back luck with the expensive chain is because that model Stihl will not propel a chain fast enough for FD use, hence the thrown teeth. The Cutters Edge saw can do this. Another good chainsaw combo is the Stihl 038 Magnum with the Cutters Edge 12" chain and bar. (Bullet chain again...)

For circular saws, again, no questions- the Partner K700A....Not as big and clumsy as the K-1200, less weight and just slightly less horsepower. The blade- "The Warthog." You will use it once and throw rocks at everything else you have ever used. You will never use anything else again until something better comes out.

Personally, I dont like the Stihl circular saws- WAY too heavy in my opinion. Good luck!!

Our truck runs with the Cutters Edge D8 chainsaw and the Stihl circular. The Cutters edge cannot be beat. If you have used one after struggling with a Stihl that was meant for cutting firewood, you will never be without one. The are expensive up front and the chains have to be sent back to be sharpened correctly, but they save you valuable time on a roof.

Check out the link:Jonsered2171

selective posting..

Stihl rescue saws and chain made for cutting wood? sure.... Guess all the fire crews out here are really dumb ;)

Last edited:
Woodie, I think that was too much math for ol' Tommie.
I think we won't see him for a while now.

selective posting..

Stihl rescue saws and chain made for cutting wood? sure.... Guess all the fire crews out here are really dumb ;)

Yeah it might be selective posting, but how else am I to point out that at least some fire fighters prefer another brand than the coveted Stihl? I wanted to know so I went to the horses mouth. Is that not what this forum is for. The sharing of unbiased knowledge?

Last edited:
Andy did you see the dates on it...11/2000 through 1/2001.....:) :) :) :)

I didn't see any dates. And I really don't care. This saw is still in production and as the above post states, fire fighters use other brands than the beloved Stihl.

Nope. They "sold" it to their shareholders. Electrolux split off Husky by simply issuing new shares to their existing Electrolux shareholders based on the value at the time.

The following is from the Husqvarna website 'splaining the whole thing.

http://corporate.husqvarna.com/files/press/husqvarna/broschyr_en.pdf

Now, this contains some numbers, and of course that leads to math, and I know how you Stihl boys are with math, so if you need any help with any of it, Tommy, I'm sure one of us helpful Jred/Husky boys can 'splain it to you.

'Member to ask nicely! :)

Ok, they sold it to their so called stock holders. Now could ya tell me exactly what the selling price was? I find it odd stockholders would buy something they already own, hmmmmmmm..

Back