What older model chainsaw has the most durable engine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as short sighted and ignorant that new saws arnt built as well as old saws....
Newer ones have better speed, not as loud, and are not as vibratory. But they are built to be more disposable. That is not exactly short sighted. Besides. This thread was not intended for old versus new arguments. Why does this keep on coming up? It seems like you and maybe two others are the only ones trying to turn this thread that’s intended for vintage saw users into some kind of new versus old fight. With all due respect, take that some place else please.

I don’t know what part of that you don’t understand.

Newer ones have better speed, not as loud, and are not as vibratory. But they are built to be more disposable. That is not exactly short sighted. Besides. This thread was not intended for old versus new arguments. Why does this keep on coming up? It seems like you and maybe two others are the only ones trying to turn this thread that’s intended for vintage saw users into some kind of new versus old fight. With all due respect, take that some place else please.

I don’t know what part of that you don’t understand.
Because you keep making snide comments about newer saws, which is total bs.

You saying the ignition aren't more durable today? How about today's cylinder coatings?
You seem to ignore me saying that I like both old AND NEW saws so long as they are made well and serve their purpose well and that this isn’t the place for that kind of spat.
Because you keep making snide comments about newer saws, which is total bs.
I’m actually not making snide comments at all about new saws. What part of it was snide besides me telling you that your attempts to turn this into a debate thread is not appreciated? I like both old as well as new saws. But you don’t seem to have enough comprehension skills to see that this is not an old vs new conversation and you keep on imposing that on the thread, which is disrespectful. Then you leave your obnoxious little laughing emoji all over the place like some self serving troll.

What part can’t you understand that this is not a debate thread? It’s not an old vs new spat? Things were fine until you came along and instigated. Like I older saws and there are plenty of newer ones that I like too.

A bunch of what we are talking about is subjective anyway.

But for a reliable saw I'd grab one of my 10-10's as fast as I'd grab any new saw

My first and most favorite saw was a 10-10s. While it was a very fine old saw, it was a boat anchor to use while climbing a tree, and it took all day to carve up a 4' diameter elm tree.

Differn't saws for differn't jobs.

Yeah they aren’t as fast. And you’ve got to be as strong as Little Abner to lug one around. But it is definitely reliable. I really didn’t mean for this thread to come across as making the assertion that one saw is better than another. I really was just curious about which old saw served it’s purpose the longest, and if it’s still able to do so to this day or not.

Thank you for your piece.

You seem to ignore me saying that I like both old AND NEW saws so long as they are made well and serve their purpose well and that this isn’t the place for that kind of spat.

I’m actually not making snide comments at all about new saws. What part of it was snide besides me telling you that your attempts to turn this into a debate thread is not appreciated? I like both old as well as new saws. But you don’t seem to have enough comprehension skills to see that this is not an old vs new conversation and you keep on imposing that on the thread, which is disrespectful. Then you leave your obnoxious little laughing emoji all over the place like some self serving troll.

What part can’t you understand that this is not a debate thread? It’s not an old vs new spat? Things were fine until you came along and instigated. Like I older saws and there are plenty of newer ones that I like too.

I don't care what you like. As it pertains to the items I mentioned, which is more durable.

You are the one that made it subjective and a debate. "New saws are made to be disposable." "Better weight, and av and speed, but not made to be reliable."
To which I say prove it, time and time again you sight well they are still around. Tell you what, let's regroup in about 40 years and see how the "vintage" saw landscape looks. It will looks much the same it does now, just with the saws you touted as junk and made to be thrown away. Well have issues getting parts for the saws from the 90's just like we have problems getting parts for saws from the 70's now. You really should go and reread what your saying, it's been nothing but derogatory to newer equipment and most of it has been false.

Zach Braff Scrubs GIF

Well I see this thread has become active again. I am glad to see that.

To @HuskyShepherd2016 My opinion (which I am entitled to have)is I think you may be a little confused about the fine members on this site and the collective amount of real life experience they share. Lets review your above post....... I will bold some key points and number them but not alter the content in anyway.

I’m actually not making snide comments at all about new saws. (1)What part of it was snide besides me telling you that your attempts to turn this into a debate thread is not appreciated? I like both old as well as new saws. But (2)you don’t seem to have enough comprehension skills to see that this is not an old vs new conversation and (3)you keep on imposing that on the thread, which is disrespectful. Then you leave your obnoxious little laughing emoji all over the place like some self serving troll.

(4)What part can’t you understand that this is not a debate thread? It’s not an old vs new spat? (5)Things were fine until you came along and instigated. Like I older saws and there are plenty of newer ones that I like too.

1. Well I have read your comments and you have been just as snide as any ..refer to your above quote.
2. Just because you created the post does not mean you run or control the conversation. The content is ran by the fine members and moderated by moderators. Not one single member controls the conversation. The conversation ebbs and flows in all sorts of directions. Just because it is not flowing in the direction you feel it should does not give you (or any member) the right to attempt to control it.
3. No one is imposing anything on anyone and disrespect is subjective.
4. Once again it is no single member's right to control the direction of the thread.
5. Things were fine before you, I or any other member ever posted in this thread or any other thread.

Sir,

I have been a mener here over 21 years and have seen the countless changes in how the site is structured and how it has evolved. I have met online and in person countless great men and women on this site. Some I agreed with and some I did not. I do not think I ever met or conversed with a single person on this site that I fully agreed with in every subject and I bet most all would say the same. There are some that have posted in this thread that I have went back and forth with many times on one specific point but then agreed on the next. That is the nature of conversations. I respect them and value their opinion even though we will never agree on a specific point. I would hate to know someone I agreed with on everything.

Now I would love to see this thread continue to build but on a side note if you want to get into some real heated discussions become a supporting member and join the Political and Religion area. We have some heated threads there and I am in the middle of a bunch.

Bill

We have some heated threads there and I am in the middle of a bunch.

This is true. Very true.

2. Just because you created the post does not mean you run or control the conversation. The content is ran by the fine members and moderated by moderators. Not one single member controls the conversation. The conversation ebbs and flows in all sorts of directions. Just because it is not flowing in the direction you feel it should does not give you (or any member) the right to attempt to control it.

I hope you know I'm going to quote you here, next time you tell me to be more simple, concise, and direct.

Otherwise, pretty well said and thought out. As much as it hurts my soul to agree with you... I do. :nofunny:

Keep it nice guys.

This is true. Very true.

I hope you know I'm going to quote you here, next time you tell me to be more simple, concise, and direct.

Otherwise, pretty well said and thought out. As much as it hurts my soul to agree with you... I do. :nofunny:

Keep it nice guys.
It is my opinion that this is not the thread for that discussion and it would be better suited in the P/R but of course your opinion may vary so carry on.

The conversation ebbs and flows in all sorts of directions. Just because it is not flowing in the direction you feel it should does not give you ...the right to attempt to control it.

...this is not the thread for that discussion and it would be better suited in the...

You don't say. Short memory today?

Well I see this thread has become active again. I am glad to see that.

To @HuskyShepherd2016 My opinion (which I am entitled to have)is I think you may be a little confused about the fine members on this site and the collective amount of real life experience they share. Lets review your above post....... I will bold some key points and number them but not alter the content in anyway.

1. Well I have read your comments and you have been just as snide as any ..refer to your above quote.
3. No one is imposing anything on anyone and disrespect is subjective.
4. Once again it is no single member's right to control the direction of the thread.
5. Things were fine before you, I or any other member ever posted in this thread or any other thread.

Sir,

I have been a mener here over 21 years and have seen the countless changes in how the site is structured and how it has evolved. I have met online and in person countless great men and women on this site. Some I agreed with and some I did not. I do not think I ever met or conversed with a single person on this site that I fully agreed with in every subject and I bet most all would say the same. There are some that have posted in this thread that I have went back and forth with many times on one specific point but then agreed on the next. That is the nature of conversations. I respect them and value their opinion even though we will never agree on a specific point. I would hate to know someone I agreed with on everything.

Now I would love to see this thread continue to build but on a side note if you want to get into some real heated discussions become a supporting member and join the Political and Religion area. We have some heated threads there and I am in the middle of a bunch.

Bill
As far as me becoming snide too, I won’t deny that I was defensive. But I will defend myself when I feel like I am being insulted for no good reason. I’ll say with all due respect say that this was a reaction to the semi constant swipes and insinuations I’ve gotten from him over a few weeks and I have not done anything to deserve it. I was not aware that I was in the wrong by asking to stay on topic, and I just continue to get swiped at. So I ask anyone please accept my apology to anyone whom I have offended. No hard feelings.

Sir, with all due respect, please stop. Any of the Swedish Partner saws that got labeled as a Pioneer-Partner were not made in Huron Park. They were still made in Sweden. The Poulan Pro branded Partner saws like the PP325, 415-505 were still made in Sweden as well.

Also just because the 245 was a reed valve saw, does not mean any relation or copying of any Pioneer saws. Pioneer did not invent the reed valve.

You keep spouting like its gospel but its wrong information.

Now if you want to say a Partner 500-5000 series saw was one of the most durable engine I would not disagree
@Modifiedmark are you saying the Poulan Pro 505 was a Partner saw? If so which model?

It is an opinion which I am entitled to have just like any other member. I will not engage in an argument with you here. I hope you have splendid night
Well if I’ve earned less respect from you, I’ll do what I can to earn it back.

Back