What older saw do you like to use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeckSetter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What older saw is in your lineup? Either regular or occasional use. What older saw do you like to run and why do you like it?

I cut up an ash tree with my 032aveq today, and really enjoyed it. It's a heavy old thing, but torquey.

Ever since I started repairing old saws I really enjoy using them. I like my Pioneer P41, Husqvarna 44 Rancher Practica, Craftsman 3.7 (grey and black), and even the little Super 2s. I like how the older saws don't bog down and the little Super 2s are so light. And the sounds these saws make.

Yup, I'll take an old style saw any day over the new electronic crap. my 026 and 034 are easy to work on and are very reliable. Never had them not start. The same can be said for my newer MS461... its an old saw in new clothing, love everything about it. I will be sad when they Electronisize the new version of it......

I enjoy busting out a husky 2100...first large saw I ever purchased, and was hooked the first time I used it!!

One on the way [emoji847][emoji847]
82a46d09d20198541836b7a678a177eb.jpg

Stihl 076 and 090, jonsereds 90 and 66e. Heavy old beasts but fun to get out and throw some chips occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

024 Woodboss if that counts as "older". It just seems like a neat little saw to me. Rips through the small stuff and has rock solid construction. It has a pro quality feel in a nimble compact package.

Tanaka ecv3800, Zenoah G5000, Oleo Mac 962.

__Kopfkratzen.gif
actually if I think about it, all my saws are old design stuff... :D

Latest posts

Back