What saw do you look forward to using???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciscoguy01

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This isn't a thread about what's better or worse... Lets not even start arguing that one.:deadhorse: Instead, I'm wondering what saw in all of our arsenals, or our friend's, do we absolutely love to get our hands on and run, and WHY???? What does it for you, is it the speed, power, smoothness, sound or just the style of it??? :confused: For me I got a couple, my PS-510 and the 7900 are my absolute faves. I could run these little babies for almost everything and never get tired of them. I'm actually siked to go cut with'em when I know I'm gonna have a spare few hours. I also can't seem to get enough of my 288XP. I got the 360 Wrap handle for it and it just feels ohhhhh sooooo nice. It's smooth, not as fast as the 7900, but has the torque I just love about the 90cc saws... My 56MagII is also up there. When I see a 40 or so inch log I break that baby out and usually am just all smiles the whole time I'm cuttin' away with it. Now, Lets hear from some of you's guys. TRY NOT TO GET INTO THE WHOLE BIASED THING!!! Thats something we all have our opinions on. :greenchainsaw: :popcorn: :jester:

Cheers eh?
Dude

This isn't a thread about what's better or worse... Lets not even start arguing that one.:deadhorse: Instead, I'm wondering what saw in all of our arsenals, or our friend's, do we absolutely love to get our hands on and run, and WHY???? What does it for you, is it the speed, power, smoothness, sound or just the style of it??? :confused: For me I got a couple, my PS-510 and the 7900 are my absolute faves. I could run these little babies for almost everything and never get tired of them. I'm actually siked to go cut with'em when I know I'm gonna have a spare few hours. I also can't seem to get enough of my 288XP. I got the 360 Wrap handle for it and it just feels ohhhhh sooooo nice. It's smooth, not as fast as the 7900, but has the torque I just love about the 90cc saws... My 56MagII is also up there. When I see a 40 or so inch log I break that baby out and usually am just all smiles the whole time I'm cuttin' away with it. Now, Lets hear from some of you's guys. TRY NOT TO GET INTO THE WHOLE BIASED THING!!! Thats something we all have our opinions on. :greenchainsaw: :popcorn: :jester:

Cheers eh?
Dude
7900 :chainsawguy:

Good thread idea!
I can't wait to get my mits on a 346xp so I can compare the performance to the 350 that I already have. The bonus would be to have access to a New Edition 346xp with the larger engine and compare it to both the 350 and the early 346xp.

There, I have bared my soul for all the world to see!
:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Muscle

Old saws bro!! The ones that will turn you into a man, and are a hella va lotta fun to run! I LOVE my 795 then my 2100. But I have my eye on a 797, droool drool

I want to cut with a 7900!I also want to get a top end for my 056mag as it was my step dad's falling saw and with it show up my buddies o66 firewood saws as I believe it could.

I've got some big saws, but I have to say I'd really like to mill with an 066. Also, I don't want to jinx myself, but the other saw I'd like to run is an 090.

I like the sound of the Dual Port Muffler 660, I love flicking the 346 around. The 575 is just plain enjoyable to run, the 3120 is great for leveling stumps. I like ‘em all!:clap:

Without question I love using my resurrected Husky 261. With the help and encouragement of the guys on this site I was able to "save" an old friend with a p/c swap. Saw is awesome now! Thanks .

attachment.php

261 new P/C

attachment.php

261 running.

Thanks - - -Al

Last edited:

I was at the shop the other day and really trying to figure out what I would do with that machine.

I have no need for it and can not justify it in any way, yet my hand was still reaching for the AMEX.

I managed to escape with some bar oil and mix, but it was close

K

I bought an 038 mag at an auction earlier this week. Am anxious to see if it is as good as many site members have said it is.

It may sound strange

A while back I got 2 288xp's at once. One was a "lite" and the other was older, but recently rebuilt. I have a few saws, and the 036 was my goto saw for a long time, but I really like reaching for the older, 288.

I run it with a 28 with skip chain, down to a 16 inch chisel chain. Why the 16, well why not. All of the wood I cut is hardwood, primarily Oak and Maple with occasional Hickory. It cuts with ease, it is heavy enough to blast through wood with it's own weight with a great chain.

And for firewood, there is a lot to be said for being able to buck up a huge log in no time with a ridiculous saw. I only cut firewood, and the quicker I can get it bucked up, the quicker I am back home with the family. Plus it really makes the tree services happy when I show up, buck it, and leave in the same day...

My vote goes with the 288

Jason

DSC07350.jpg

My 028 Super was my first "real" saw and is stihl to this day my go to saw and favorite to run. Just a solid, comfortable, bulletproof machine. For ariel work, the 200t rocks, just love that boxy little powerhouse.

Heck I look forward to running all my saws, especially the ones I'm not done preparing yet......................

my 361 with a 16" bar.

Its light, its handy, and it rips. I love it...

... even more than my modded 353....

The 372xpw is still new, so I itch to go run it every chance I get.

My MS260 pro is one of my favorite tools of all tools, not just my chainsaws. It is just balanced right and perfect for the majority of work that I do. Just feels and fits right!

The MS361 is a good saw but not sure I really need it for what I cut.

I love the sound of the MS660 but I only use it for stumpin and milling and I can't say I look forward to using it as it usually involves a lot of hard work:dizzy:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back