What saw would you wish they would start remanufacting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferrari F40 LM and make so many of them I could actually afford one.......OH you mean saws....I wish they would use full circle skirt thin ring pistons in the new saws...., non rev limited coils, none epa carbs and mufflers....but eveything else is better about new saws

Pioneer/partner/poulan pro 655 line of saws. They seem to be ahead of their time. I think the p62 is a great saw for a 36" bar.

I wish Homelite-Textron was still around. Would love to see an American-owned company, make saws here in the states- with a lineup loaded with professional level OPE.

I agree with Aussie1 we are in a great ERA. Also agree with Brad on some of the collectible's, but I would love to see Husqvarna bring back the 2101. A 100cc and build it slim like a 660!:rock::msp_thumbup:

Collectible

Personally, I'd rather see the old collectible saws stay just that, old and collectible. If they made them again, they wouldn't be near as special IMHO.

"Collectible" especially on the medium and larger saws means people who have a need for one but can't compete economically with the multiple saws of the same model/garage full/shelves full/boxes full type "collectors" don't get a saw. It just keeps the used prices way too high.

I'd rather see a lot more hit the market and be in such quantity that more people can get them, to actually use as work saws. To ME , a working saw in the hands of a dude who needs it is what is "special".

Higher capacity saws are still pretty dear, new or used, and in this century, there is less of a real reason for that given the simply tremendous advances in automated manufacturing. "Collecting" just adds to the artificial scarcity and inflated prices of them.

With that said, I would like to see a new american saw company out there, building and selling decent quality saws for very good prices, but given the status of "intellectual property" laws, I sincerely doubt this will ever happen today, or in the future. Just licensing vague patents would negate any new startups.

You see this in the electronic tech world, consortiums and cartels and individual companies are constantly suing each other over alleged patent violations, because the patent office went nuts and started granting patents for just about anything that crosses their desks. And patenting software has really made this bogus.

Manufacturing in the USA is going to continually decline because of this.

Latest posts

Back