What should I ask Mrs Claus for Christmas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baddest 18volt impact out there is Makita hands down. I have the newer Dewalt 20volt max stuff and it's nice but my buddies Makita will eat it alive.

Some of u guys are too young to remember , but 15 - 20 yrs ago , when 9.6v was the shiz , Makita drivers were by far the toughest and most powerful . I suspect they are still one of the toughest . And by chance , the Makita 15 amp circular saws are one tough sombeetch too !!!

The Log buyer that I ran into this spring had one of those Logrites.
Looked like a very well made, stout unit.

When my old duffer gives up the ghost I most likely look into getting a Logrite.
View attachment 264838

I have 2 Logrite cant hooks and I really like them. I am not familiar with the other brand. With my 60" Logrite extreme duty you can really move some big wood

Steve

I went to Logrite's website and asked about their warranty. While there, I noticed that the price on the Xtreme duty 60" cant hook is $15 cheaper than Baileys. $135 vs $150.

Well Mr. Bucks, looks like you got quite the dilemma on your hands.

Get both and do a peavey shoot out thread. :biggrin:

Just sayin', n' stuff.

Whats the advantage of a peavy over the cant hook?
We have the 60" Logrite. 240#s hangin off the handle rollin 36" red oak chunks in 8 foot sections the other day. Very glad to have it. Big ol rascal though

Go for the big logright , we move all the big logs back to my shop to mill . We both been on that handle with all their was moving logs around . It lives in the truck ready to go . When it comes put a hose over the point its bad sharp, Merry Christmas:msp_biggrin:

We have the 60" Logrite. 240#s hangin off the handle rollin 36" red oak chunks in 8 foot sections the other day. Very glad to have it. Big ol rascal though

I like having the point on the end so I can stab it into the ground.
Instead of laying on the ground to get lost or ran over.
What the point on the end is really for? Notta qlue.

If she was spending about 3 times that much, I would suggest.........................................................................................A DOLMAR 6400!
:D

Mike

P.S. I have a 14.4v Makita impact driver and I am VERY pleased with it!

I like having the point on the end so I can stab it into the ground.
Instead of laying on the ground to get lost or ran over.
What the point on the end is really for? Notta qlue.

It was to push the logs and to give them something to balance by. Ram it into a log and hang on, use it to jam in between two logs close together.

Thought a cant hook and peavy was the same thing.... Peavy was a brand, not a description of the tool.

It was to push the logs and to give them something to balance by. Ram it into a log and hang on, use it to jam in between two logs close together.

Thought a cant hook and peavy was the same thing.... Peavy was a brand, not a description of the tool.

Are you talking about a "River rat"?

Peavy has a point at the end, Cant hook don't.

Peavy is a brand of Loud speaker though.:msp_biggrin:

The original was called the swing-dingle, later called the swing-bail cant dog, and now just the cant hook. It was improved upon by Joseph Peavey in 1858. Called the Pevy in 1887 in the Lumberman's Gazette. Spelled several ways and has been refered to as the "Peavey" by loggers since.

The cant hook has no point and was used in sawmills to roll the log after a slab was cut off of it. A log that had one or more slabs cut off was called a "CANT"

A peavey has a point, a cant don't.

Both do the same thing. Yes.... River rats, river-drivers.

How about bribing rms61moparman so that you might have a chance when you finaly meet! :msp_scared:

Or if you add some money you might find one of these so that you can compete against mastermind when he gets his echo CST-610EVL running.

Dolmar cc 2 - Dailymotion-Video

[video=dailymotion;xvj8hp]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvj8hp_dolmar-cc-2_auto[/video]

Last edited:
Check out what Mrs Claus told me to order last night:clap:

This is the 60" XTreme Duty version.
XPV060.jpg

Check out what Mrs Claus told me to order last night:clap:

This is the 60" XTreme Duty version.
XPV060.jpg

Looks good Brad, I like the yellow color. My 60" Logrite extreme cant hook is blue, are the Peavies a different color or did the run out of blue paint?

Steve

Latest posts

Back