What should I upgrade to?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find a ms440(5,4 HP 13.9LBS.) if the stuff is mostly big. Run the ms361(4.4HP 12.3LBS) if the stuff is mostly under 2ft. Get 2 bars for the saw one 18 and one 24 and be done with it. Either will work just depends on the average tree size. You may want to go with the 440 and use the 250 as your limbing and smaller clean up saw. If you were open to other saws I would buy the 7900(6.3hp 13.6 lbs) tough to beat that power to weight ratio. That is what I am going to buy for my next big saw. Good luck....

good advice above! Maybe look for a slightly used big saw with a 36" or so bar and maybe a smaller new or slightly used medium (lighter, shorter, less vibration,) saw that fits the bill for a majority of your work. It seems there are a lot of 36"+ saws that dont see as much action these days. Some saw addict may be willing to help in trade .

No you do have some excellent insight on things...but I do find the model bashing a little overboard and repetitive.

It often is for fun, with a core of truth in it (at least with the 441).....:)

Sometimes it is to take some sting out of recommendations of models that most of us realize is not the very best in their class, as well.

Back