What the heck IS an EPA stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbojango

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
so i'm wandering around menards to day and i see several wood stoves, some EPA certified and some aren't. the cert is from 1990 FFS!!!!!!! are these the stoves that you get the tax break BS on or is there a new set of rules or what? BTW the stoves were also OK for mobile home installation (not that i'll EVER live in a tin can)

BTW is it true you have to burn only seasoned wood? my smoke dragon (airtight) doesn't mind green and i really don't want to cut wood 2 years ahead, i like cutting it when i'm almost out and my back is against the wall :)

You don't want one of those, EPA stoves are sooo last century. The big thing now are NSA stoves, those are really hot.

You burn semi-green wood, you don't want to spend the time required to acquire a seasoned wood supply, you have 446 posts and do not know what an EPA stove is and you look down on people living in a "tin can".

Not the best way to start a thread but this one might just be entertaining as heck!

You burn semi-green wood, you don't want to spend the time required to acquire a seasoned wood supply, you have 446 posts and do not know what an EPA stove is and you look down on people living in a "tin can".

Not the best way to start a thread but this one might just be entertaining as heck!

You mean i might be trolling a bit? :) Everyone does things their own way, to each their own. Some people need efficiency, some people don't. Some people don't mind living in a metal box on wheels, some people don't even mind homosexuals you know :)

Get yourself a sturdy 55 gallon drum set it right in the middle of your living room and just toss wood in it . Ya don't even need a flue .and stand around it to heat your hands like they do in big cities Those flues just clog up anyways
Don't be fooled The EPA invented these phony stoves in order to rob your family they don't work and you'll just freeze . It's all a conspiracy

Don't be fooled The EPA invented these phony stoves in order to rob your family...

Ahhhh..... but therein lies the rub, the EPA didn't invent anything... they just make regulations, and didn't even invent that concept.
If the EPA had to invent, develop, produce and market anything they wouldn't last a week... but they sure are good at taking credit.
You did get one thing correct though; the EPA does exist to "rob" you... without the revenue they wouldn't last a week either.

Ahhhh..... but therein lies the rub, the EPA didn't invent anything... they just make regulations, and didn't even invent that concept.
If the EPA had to invent, develop, produce and market anything they wouldn't last a week... but they sure are good at taking credit.
You did get one thing correct though; the EPA does exist to "rob" you... without the revenue they wouldn't last a week either.
:clap::clap::clap::clap: then again,,there are those,,who love the epa,,and all gov agencys........and big gov,,and all their wonderful regulations....

" my smoke dragon (airtight) doesn't mind green"
Your "smoke dragon" is a smoke dragon because you choose to make it a smoke dragon with the green wood.

:clap::clap::clap::clap: then again,,there are those,,who love the epa,,and all gov agencys........and big gov,,and all their wonderful regulations....
Because one must exist at either one extreme or the other right? It is quite impossible to have a reasoned and balanced point of view?

Because one must exist at either one extreme or the other right? It is quite impossible to have a reasoned and balanced point of view?
For sure, rules and regulations out weigh common sense any more don't you know.:(

It is quite impossible to have a reasoned and balanced point of view?

Absolutely it is quite possible.
But such a "balanced point of view" is meaningless when it comes to the powers of Federal Government... the only "rules" that apply to it were written 226½ years ago, and ratified nearly 225 years ago. Any "balanced point of view" differing from the words written in the Constitution are (or should be viewed as) hollow and pointless.

For sure, rules and regulations out weigh common sense any more don't you know.:(
But ... whose sense is "common sense"?
Just maybe, there's more to the picture than you see. Like, you totally disregard those situated downstream of you.
We wouldn't need any rules and regulations, nor police, nor military if people could regulate their own behavior. We'd save a bundle.
But we can't.

Absolutely it is quite possible.
But such a "balanced point of view" is meaningless when it comes to the powers of Federal Government... the only "rules" that apply to it were written 226½ years ago, and ratified nearly 225 years ago. Any "balanced point of view" differing from the words written in the Constitution are (or should be viewed as) hollow and pointless.
As I think you well understood, I was referring to the views of people. It seems like everyone must jump from one extreme to the other. Everything must be seen in absolutes, as an unconditional good or and unmitigated evil, and all discussions must consist of hyperbole, buzzwords and key phrases designed to stir up emotions. It's a rare thing indeed to discuss issues on merit without going straight to emotion.

As to your belief that your "rights" were tattooed on your ass when you popped out and somehow represent inviolate laws of nature, well the future is going to disappoint you greatly. You'll discover that rights and laws are worth as much as your ability to enforce them, if that is not already blatantly obvious.

Heck yes I understood what you were talking about Chris-PA, but you obviously don't understand what I was talking about.
I was never talking about my rights, or those of anyone else... I was talking about powers the Federal Government is authorized to use and not use.
Although, in response to your (what appears to be) emotionally driven statement about my ass... I'm not concerned with enforcement, but I am fully prepared to defend not only my rights and liberties, but also yours, against attack from anyone, using whatever means necessary. My ideology may be archaic, but I would rather die defending liberty and freedom, than live under tyranny leaving my children and grandchildren to do the hard work of ending it. I believe it is my duty as a citizen of this nation, and my obligation to my forefather's honor... anything less on my part would be disgraceful and reprehensible.
So no, you are wrong, the future will not disappoint me... I am already sorely disappointed...

EPA stove = 1/3 less wood needed to heat your house. They get more heat out of the wood. Some burn like 81% efficient compare to old stoves that were like 40- 50% efficient. Look up wood stock stove company for the most efficient new stove out there. Called the Steel Hybrid stove. http://blog.woodstove.com/

But ... whose sense is "common sense"?
Just maybe, there's more to the picture than you see. Like, you totally disregard those situated downstream of you.
We wouldn't need any rules and regulations, nor police, nor military if people could regulate their own behavior. We'd save a bundle.
But we can't.
We have to have rules and regulations (did not say we did not) but some times common sense would be better, common sense is obvious other wise its not common sense.

EPA stove = 1/3 less wood needed to heat your house. They get more heat out of the wood. Some burn like 81% efficient compare to old stoves that were like 40- 50% efficient. Look up wood stock stove company for the most efficient new stove out there. Called the Steel Hybrid stove. http://blog.woodstove.com/
Hi buddy, the 40 to 50% figure was on the low end of a smoldering fire, a good older stove is more like 60%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back