What the heck IS an EPA stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly wanted to get some information on the "reburn" that they provide. from what LITTLE information that i've seen in this thread i'll stick with my "smoke dragon"

Don't be discouraged. They do work. I've done lots of reading on them. Currently working on a conversion myself but still I feel obligated to defend my principals from time to time. I really despise being lumped!
Hopefully no one really has hard feelings toward each other here. Freedom of speech is just as important as anything else

Crazy how this thread was supposed to be on EPA stoves then went to the concerns over the agency regulations then to the constitution .then personal responsibilities...

L-O-L
No, this thread was started tongue-in-cheek... and went right where the OP was hoping for :laugh:

I wish you the best in life. But please,....open a text book.

A textbook?? Really??
One thing I can guarantee... when it comes to history, politics, theology, government, or social studies... the only thing you'll learn from a textbook is propaganda. Heck, the school staff runs and hides whenever I come through the door... L-O-L
And they ain't gettin' any reprieve either... my oldest is 26, my middle is in her senior year of high school, and my youngest is in kindergarten. I actually had one superintendent suggest it would be easier to just pay me to stop having kids :D
One time they even tried a restraining order... judge said, "NO‼ He pays your salary." :rock:

I have an old stove and it doesn't belch out plumes of toxic smoke.
I am smart enough to know how to run it so it doesn't. I am also smart enough to know that my gun will not kill a person unless I tell it to. So essentially what you are saying is because we can't control people then we should eliminate anything that they might misuse. Guns, alcohol, cars, baseball bats, knives, firecrackers.....the list is endless.
So really we should ban all campfires during the summer campfire season?
We should ban all controlled burns the forestry service uses to help control wildfires?
Charcoal grills really ought to be regulated as well I guess.
and it goes on and on.....
My point is you can't lump sum everything into one category. It's lazy and unjust.
If they really want to regulate wood stove emissions then they need to it case by case. Just because you own an EPA stove doesn't mean it automatically keeps "toxic plumes of smoke" from escaping your chimney.
This would be too expensive and require too much effort on the part of the EPA which would need extra funding from our wallets. This would cause an outcry because everyone would see the hit not just us "belchers".
We used to have to take our cars in for emissions testing every year before renewing our license plates.
Is this what we want? Because some people are idiots? Because some people still want to burn green wood and really don't give a hoot? Because some people want to shut their stove down and let wood smolder? Because some people want to heat their homes with OWB which are thought to be the most inefficient way to heat a home period.
It isn't about the stove it is about how it's used. Plain and simple. We wouldn't be in this predicament if people had any common sense left in this country. Do you know how many old woodstoves are estimated to be in use in this
country? 10 million. Do you know how many of those are "belching" toxic plumes of smoke? About 80%.
I imagine if I was a wood stove manufacturer and realized I was on the brink of selling 8 million wood stoves I guess I would be greasing the pockets of a few EPA chairmen and their government fathers. So of course the push is on to change out the old wood stoves. In 20 years they will do it all over again.
You don't seriously believe these folks CARE about air quality do you? It's all about the money.
I take it upon myself to improve the burning qualities of my stove because I do care about my neighbors, I do care about my wood usage and I really do care about the air quality. I am the areas number one bitcher about wood smoke. Unfortunately not all of us have money to spend on an EPA certified wood stove that will meet out needs
I am not against better burning, believe me. What I am against is being classified as an air pig and a non caring individual because of my home heating appliance.
Smoke can be good sometimes......especially for Salmon and Venison!

A smoke dragon still puts out more pollutants than an EPA stove, even if it is burned correctly.

But burning it correctly helps, and as you say, if everyone burned that way, then it may not get to the point where it is now.

However, those 80% that don't burn cleanly, won't do so on their own.

And I really don't see a slippery slope headed towards a ban on campfires, grills, or regulated burns. I'd be surprised if anything even becomes of this, maybe a regulation that includes OWB's and such.

You can still just buy a coal stove, and burn wood in it. Its already exempt, and appears as if it will continue to be.

We could always abolish the EPA. China has a hands-off policy on environmental regulation.....

The EPA will never be able to counteract the global effect of pollution caused by China with regulations in the USA. There is a reason for the saying one bad apple spoils the bunch.

A textbook?? Really??
One thing I can guarantee... when it comes to history, politics, theology, government, or social studies... the only thing you'll learn from a textbook is propaganda. Heck, the school staff runs and hides whenever I come through the door... L-O-L
And they ain't gettin' any reprieve either... my oldest is 26, my middle is in her senior year of high school, and my youngest is in kindergarten. I actually had one superintendent suggest it would be easier to just pay me to stop having kids :D
One time they even tried a restraining order... judge said, "NO‼ He pays your salary." :rock:
If all of their books are nothing but propaganda and everyone in the building runs and hides when you come in why don't you home school? Seems you have everything else figured out.

...why don't you home school?

'Cause ya' have to be home to home school... I work on the road... but, just a couple weeks ago, the wife was talking about it for the boy next year.
Still... there are requirements (government regulations), even for home schooling ya' know? There are things ya' haf'ta teach (they must learn) or you're in violation of the law... ya' don't get free-reign in home schooling (yeah, I've checked into it).

A textbook?? Really??
Heck, the school staff runs and hides whenever I come through the door...And they ain't gettin' any reprieve either... . I actually had one superintendent suggest it would be easier to just pay me to stop having kids...One time they even tried a restraining order... judge said, "NO‼ He pays your salary.
And the legend continues to grow...

Crazy how this thread was supposed to be on EPA stoves then went to the concerns over the agency regulations then to the constitution .then personal responsibilities .
5 pages from now it'll be on the price of tea in china

Or it'll just get locked. Same crap, same people, same arguments, ad nauseam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back