What to do???????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madsaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well as of a little bit ago my 2 066 stihl sold on ebay. Kind of one of them deals I need money now not saws. I need my truck back from the shop. The trans bill hit about 1800 instead of 1200. So, now I came to this conclusion. I have a local saw shop willing to trade or buy all my NOS bars sprockets and husqvarna parts off me. He deals in Husqvarnas and Dolmars. I got enough here in trading stock to get atleast a 385,395 or a 7900. I know this has been talked over before. And yes I searched for info too. But, most of it seems vauge. I want to run up to a 32 inch bar, but thats not required. I can always step around the tree. I just liked the way the 32 was on the 66 for big stuff. The dealer is only 25 mins from me. So, dealer service is not a problem. What are the good and bad of these saws.
Thanks much
Bob

been having the same thoughts and did the same searches after I sold my 066.

From what I have found, read and be told, a Stock 7900 will outrun a stock 385xp. and weighs a lot less. I ran one with a 36" bar in cottonwood and was impressed that it pulled it well. It did have a skiptooth chain though.

Me, I had an 066 and sold it. I have a 2186, but it is getting sold so I can buy a new 7900.

I forgot to add that I just am a firewood cutter and need something big for the gnarly old oaks around here. I might make a Alaskan style mill just to make a couple of thick slabs to make a bench. Also it would be used to rip the big blocks of firewood down to size.
Thanks
Bob

Freakingstang said:
been having the same thoughts and did the same searches after I sold my 066.

From what I have found, read and be told, a Stock 7900 will outrun a stock 385xp. and weighs a lot less. I ran one with a 36" bar in cottonwood and was impressed that it pulled it well. It did have a skiptooth chain though.

Me, I had an 066 and sold it. I have a 2186, but it is getting sold so I can buy a new 7900.

Steve,
How much $$ for the 2186?

Back