What to pair with my MS241? 362CM OR 461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also live in NorCal. Here we have Madrone, Doug Fir, oaks, bays and maples. The largest I've cut was 4.5'.

I also have a 241cm and 362CM. The 24" bar is too long for the 362. I also have an 18" but I think 20" would be good too. I've also got a 460 for the larger stuff. When I got that the 24" bars went on it and the 362 got the 18".
If you can afford an extra saw then adding a large one for big trees makes sense. The way I look at it is that it costs so much to have a crew out that if I can do the work myself it's worth spending a little on equipment to do it.

I think the step from the 241 to 461 is too big. At least for me there's a lot of stuff in the middle that I don't need the size and power of the 460 for. The smaller 362 is lighter and easier to handle so I can go longer without getting tired.
That was the point I also made earlier. I like the idea of a 462 with lighter weight replacing the 60cc saw, but do not like the retail price around here of $1200 and change when one can find good used 461’s for $500. I also just cut for firewood and occasional mill logs and like the idea of back up saws in case one goes down. Maybe that is because for a couple decades I was poor enough to only have one saw, an Echo 500EVL.

Latest posts

Back