What's in your field parts kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A YouTube video suggested extra clutch springs. Hmmm? I don't even bring along an extra e'clip in case I need to pull the clutch sprocket cover.

Right now, me, extra s'plug, bar nuts, those nylon chain guides thingies, of course a chain,,,, feels like i'm missing something.... Maybe an extra starter cord?

Just bring an extra saw??? jk. When I started bow hunting in the early 70's you carried a bow, quiver of arrows and a knife that you might get to use. When I quit hunting in 2010 guys carried more spare parts and tools than I had when I had an archery shop! I'm with you, carry the basic spare stuff, if it's more serious than that then you're probably screwed.

Field parts kit? If we are talking within 100’ feet of the truck it would be 2 or 3 other saws. Anything beyond that a silky hand saw or a good ax.

I pinched and bent my bar's tip this year. Damn glad I had the extra saw. I did lose a bar nut once, and had to cannibalize my buddy's Echo saw. That's was the start of my parts kit.

What? Lol I bring a screntch some needle nose pliers a short axe maybe a screw driver and what ever else is in the basket on my atv. There's some chain. I always bring 2 saws when I plan on cutting down a tree. Bring the small green poulan when I drag out fallen ash trees.

Don't know where a parts kit fits in on the atv. Break one ride back and get another lol .

Minimum is 3 saws taken to the woods.

Can't tell ya how many times I am short some stupid random part....fuel line...pull start handle ...clutch spring etc. Simpler to bring 3 saws than try to prepare for anything.

That said. My tool tote has quite a few things in it when I go cut. 3 4 5mm allens torque wrench sockets t27 screwdrivers tuning screwdriver nylon rope for piston stop new plugs lube bar grease extra oil and gas caps rim sprocket

Hmm..what else hehe

Field parts kit? If we are talking within 100’ feet of the truck it would be 2 or 3 other saws. Anything beyond that a silky hand saw or a good ax.
I have tons of stuff in each saw box and the truck tool box but like you said, I usually ain't that far from the truck so what I "carry" is minimal.

Generally I cut in the woods around my house. If not I have a truck full of tools ready to install a furnace or boiler. I only bring 2 saws because I usually get one stuck in the tree when it's on the ground. Also one smaller for limbing but I like to think my saws are in ready to cut condition.

I forgot to mention my Woodchuck cant hook with log jack attachment. It's been a valuable addition when cutting.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

2 to 3 saws, gas , oil, bar grease, scrench, plugs, wedge, pliers, screwdriver, file, 1/4" drive socket handle and a couple sockets, extra gloves. I'm normally only a few hundred yards from the house when cutting, but the same tools go with me to customer's places as well.

When I started cutting wood I only had one saw, but 40 years ago it was two saws now I have 11. When I go some place I take two well packed tool boxes both metric and SAE. If I have a break down it can be more than an inconvenience. It can take two or three days to get help and parts so spares are essential.
I used to carry two saws the same now one small 60 to 70cc and one larger 110cc. Each saw has its own spare pack of scrench spark plug carb kit clutch 3 new chains and bar nuts. They fit well into a ammo box. Thanks

Latest posts

Back